( Note: I tried my hardest to make sure that these were the correct numbers through multiple measurements because I also need these numbers for myself, but use at your own risk since my calipers would sometimes give tiny bit different measurements... some may require a tiny amount of "give & take" so err on the side of "optimistic." )
I am using a digital caliper set to use the "mm" function.
Pi width is: 56.10mm
PowerBlock width is: 56.09mm
Distance between the top of the Pi, and the bottom of the Powerblock are: 10.85mm
PowerBlock thickness is: 1.63mm
Widest MiniUSB length: 7.96mm
MiniUSB height: 3.06mm
Edge of MiniUSB to end of PowerBlock 1 (Excluding the MiniUSB): 17.07mm
Edge of MiniUSB to end of PowerBlock 2 (Excluding the MiniUSB: 31.00mm
Brilliant, thanks Paul, that was just what I needed. I soldered my connections at the switch to make sure there were no frayed strands causing shorts and connected as you advised and all is working perfectly.
In case anyone happens across this thread with the same problem, the connections were as follows:
Switch ---> ControlBlock GPIO
( + ) ---> LED +
( - ) ---> LED -
NO1 ---> Switch +
C1 ---> Switch -
@mark1986 Thank you! I have two wires for every button on my arcade setup, as it came delivered that way with the Zero Delay Controller Card. But I'm planning to build an arcade stick for my PS4, then I'll use a daisy chain for sure ;)
Figured it out, sort of. Ended up just using the Gamecon GPIO module and getting the GPIO pin placement correct.
Unfortunately, the victory became pointless when I then moved to install the PiTFT 3.5" screen as the kernel that the adafruit-pitft-helper installs is something like RetroPIE 4.1.14 v7, where the newest version, that the gamecon GPIO driver works with is 4.4.something. (Sorry don't have it running in front me.) I can actually see it uninstalling the gamecon module when I run the pitft-helper scripts, and then can't re-install gamecon from the RetroPIE setup util...
Certain SNES games and emulator combinations have issues with the controls, e.g. certain versions of Super Mario: One solution in those cases is to switch to player two. With that controls you can continue to play then. That is not an issue of the ControlBlock.
Generally: If the controller works in one program, but not in another, then it is a matter of configuration of the specific program. The ControlBlock is working correctly then.
Hope that helps!