USB Romservice BIOS transfer bug?
It seems a few others have mentioned it and I just tested it out myself to see if I could reproduce and it seems I am getting the same results. I transferred CTR over for the psx and tested with the USB to transfer the bios.
Specs: Pi 3 running the 4.2 image after updating the setup script
sandisk 8GB blade Fat32
These are my steps:
- update setup script
- enable usbromservice
retropiefolder on usb
- plug into pi and wait
- pull out and plug into pc
- folders created, though to note: I don't remember what the intended function is if it is to copy over any existing roms and files to the USB or if it was just to copy over the folder structure. Anyways on a quick review it looks like only the folder structure was copied over but no files themselves.
- then I copied over my scph1001.bin file over to the BIOS folder of the usb
- plugged into the pi... and nothing transferred.
- rebooted... and nothing transferred still.
- plugged back into pc
- transferred snes rom to snes folder
- plugged back into pi
- rom transferred fine.
so there is something going on with the bios folder. I'm not sure if this is something that was introduced with the retropie-mount stuff or just a fluke that happens with more people than me but I'd be interested to see if any other people can reproduce or have other findings.
AlexMurphy Banned last edited by
@herb_fargus Purely anecdotal... but from posts here and on reddit it seems to be a (relatively) common issue. I'm sure I could track a few down but no doubt they will come to you. It always seems to be in relation to PSX. Maybe a coincidence.
@herb_fargus I will look into it.
This should now be fixed if updating retropie-setup and rebooting.
@herb_fargus Sorry correction - Will need to update RetroPie-Setup, then disable and re-enable the usbromservice for the scripts to be updated. I need to rework this module so this is more automatic.
@buzz gold star to you good sir. Will test when I get a free moment
Flavor last edited by
Link to my post in case there's any useful info there: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/12750/01_retropie_copyroms-seems-broken-won-t-sync-bios-and-configs