DeSmuME fails to compile on 4.2.10 ? (solved-ish)
Aryetis last edited by Aryetis
I just updated to RetroPie 4.2.10 and it looks like something broke during the compilation of desmune.
src/libretro-common/rthreads/rthreads.o: dans la fonction « sthread_create »:
rthreads.c:(.text+0x84): référence indéfinie vers « pthread_create »
src/libretro-common/rthreads/rthreads.o: dans la fonction « sthread_detach »:
rthreads.c:(.text+0xb8): référence indéfinie vers « pthread_detach »
src/libretro-common/rthreads/rthreads.o: dans la fonction « sthread_join »:
rthreads.c:(.text+0xcc): référence indéfinie vers « pthread_join »
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile.libretro:329: recipe for target 'desmume_libretro.so' failed
make: *** [desmume_libretro.so] Error 1
Am I the only one having this problem ? Or is this a dist problem ?
Specs : Raspberry Pi3
Power Supply : Aukru 5V, 3A
RetroPie Version : 4.2.10,
Logs : https://pastebin.com/amv9YXuj
How to replicate the problem:
1/ Launch RetropieSetup
2/ Manage Package -> core -> 809 emulstation -> C Configuration / Options
3/ Change "Swap A/B Buttons in ES" value
5/ Repeat steps and watch in despair how your pick has been ignored and the value of "Swap A/B Buttons in ES" is identical
PS : sorry for the "spam"
@aryetis cores break all the time. Use binaries.
Aryetis last edited by
@herb_fargus Okay then thanks for the heads up.
Maybe worth an editing on the doc to avoid future topics like this one ^^"
@aryetis I'm not sure what you mean as I'd have to edit the wiki on a daily basis as to whether or not something compiles. Plus desmume runs like tar on a pi, you'd be better off with drastic.
Aryetis last edited by
@herb_fargus yeah maybe not the best to edit the wiki everytime a compilation process fails, you probably know better than me. But if it really breaks ALL the time.... you know. Anyways keep the awesome work guys.
(And yes I used drastic anyways. I was just reporting some potential missbehavior ^^")
@aryetis that's the joy of open source projects. Many projects we use come from upstream so when things break it's often nothing we've done and issues and fixes need to be done upstream.
Just for reference this is the repo for desmume and you can see in the recent commit history some changes were made to the makefile and those may have broken the compilation: