Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Can't save current cfg to rewind and fast forward games

• Can anyone walk me through MANUALLY editing reteoarch.cfg to get the save current configuration option working, every time I set it up to rewind and fast forward games it doesn't save at all, I've tried save config on exit and everything, I'm hoping I can MANUALLY EDIT a file and get it working

• Global Moderator

@woody440 You can edit the RetroArch global configuration from the RetroPie menu in ES, there's a RetroArch entry which will allow you to edit the RetroArch general configuration, the one in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg.
    You can manually edit the file referenced above and add you changes, if the changes you make through the RGUI do not get saved.

• @woody440 I added the following line to the NES RetroArch config file, /opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg:

input_toggle_fast_forward_btn = "9"

There are other options available for fast forwarding here.

• Thanks got it working

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.