RetroPie 3.8.1 is released
A few bugs slipped into RetroPie 3.8 – most notably the launch commandline for DOSBox/RPIx86 was wrong, causing it to not work when launching DOS games directly from Emulation Station. There was also a problem building the gamecon gpio driver. These issues have been fixed, along with some other changes.
NOTE: There are currently problems with the XBox/XBox 360 controller driver xboxdrv caused by a Raspbian kernel update. This can be worked around by rolling back the Kernel. More details can be found on the forum.
A RetroPie 3.8.1 image can be downloaded here: https://retropie.org.uk/download/.
Installation Instructions can be found here – https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation. Users of RetroPie v3.8 can upgrade to the latest version by following the upgrade instructions on the Wiki – https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Updating-RetroPie.
The Prebuilt images are also available directly from GitHub – https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/releases/tag/3.8.1. You can also install RetroPie on top of an existing Raspbian set up – Instructions can be found at the GitHub project site.
Changes since 3.8:
- Fix escaping in iniSet causing initial backslashes to be incorrect in ini files (Affected some +Start Scripts with spaces such as DOSBox).
- Don’t overwrite existing configs when updating advmame.
- SSelph’s scraper – Add option to set -append and -use_nointro_name=false flags
- Disable binary install on Wheezy.
- Fix building of gamecondriver.
- Correct Emulation Station autobooting configuration due to changes in raspi-config.
- Added missing zip dependency for Solarus.
- Fix c&p error with mupen64plus that broke the initial config generation.
- Added new EmulationStation theme “material” from user lilbud.
- Lr-nxengine – no error message was shown when required data files are missing.