Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Cannot find way to start Depthchage ROM

• Pi Model or other hardware: 3B+ with 32gb card
    Power Supply used: Stock Canakit power supply
    RetroPie Version Used: 4.4.4, with Emulationstation 2.7.6RP
    Built From: Raspian 4.4.12(1)
    Retropie USB Devices connected: mini wireless keyboard
    Controller used: Hori RAP4 (Playstation version)

depthch.zip

(Not sure what version, but these files are in the zip file)
    50a
    51a
    54a
    55a
    316-0042.u88
    316-0043.u87

Nothing seems to get this game started. There's only Button 1, Button 2, Coin, Left, and Right.Pressing Coin (either 11 or 12) just resets the attract mode. Please help. :(

alt text

• @Mebejedi Yeah, I don't think that game is in lr-fbalpha anymore, or at least not officially. Pretty sure I had an issue with it as well.

I switched to lr-mame2010 as that was where it ran the best out of my choices of lr-fbalpha, lr-mame2003-plus, and lr-mame2010.

• @MajorDangerNine , didn't think to try a different emulator. (I monkeyed with 2003+ for a bit, but was having issues that may or may not have been related, so I removed it for now and am sticking with FBA.)

So, how does the game normally start? After entering a quarter?

• @Mebejedi Well, in lr-mame2010, after you insert a coin, the screen is cleared of the demo, then you can move the ship at the top left or right and fire depth charges left or right, while a sonar sound effect is played and submarines move about below.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.