Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

What else runs on your RetroPie box?

• I'm curious what apps or uses others have for their RetroPie box when they're not gaming.
    I saw some good uses for the Raspberry Pi in this discussion, but are you running these alongside RetroPie?

Like others have shared in their posts, I for sure tinker around with the Pi more than I actually play games on it. I'm still a novice when it comes to Linux or programming, so its nice to have a Pi (or three) to learn and play on without putting at risk your "daily driver".

On my RetroPie box (Raspberry Pi 3B), I also have:

• OpenVPN -- nice to login through my phone to the home network (usually to mess around with the Pi), but also avoid some of the dangers in using public WiFi (which I rarely do unless the mobile signal is poor)
    • BOINC -- because SCIENCE! I run SETI@Home and Einstein@Home

• @b3k My Pi 3B+ is for Retropie only, but I have a Zero W as a hermit crab IR cam (they are most active in the dark) suctioned to to an aquarium. That project has been more of a physical tinker to get a zerocam mounted since they do not make a true case/mount for it.

My next project is to build a ham radio digital voice hotspot just to see how that all works.

• You can now transform your Raspberry Pi into an all-in-one retro gaming console iTunes Login.

• @Jennifer4T Yes, but it sits idle most of the day. Not a problem, but I wanted to make use of those wasted CPU cycles. I know Kodi/media center is another popular use.
    Of course there's a limit on what you can do, because you want it to be ready to game when you pick up that controller.
    I guess the RPi is so cheap it's no big deal to have it dedicated to one task.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.