Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

MAME ROW #144 - Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters

• This is the MAME Random Of the Week #144

The three random numbers for this week are: 167 1958 1433 780 499

Click here to vote! Which game do you choose for MAME ROW #144?

The result of the poll is posted on Wednesday, so we have Monday and Tuesday for experimentation.

Game Name: Blockade
    Company: Gremlin
    Year: 1976
    ROM file name: blockade.zip

Game Name: Toki no Senshi - Chrono Soldier
    Company: Sega
    Year: 1987
    ROM file name: tokisens.zip

Game Name: Puzz Loop (Europe)
    Company: Mitchell
    Year: 1998
    ROM file name: puzzloop.zip
    BIOS: skns

Game Name: Hyper Pacman
    Company: SemiCom
    Year: 1995
    ROM file name: hyperpac.zip

Game Name: Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters (set 1)
    Company: Atari Games
    Year: 1989
    ROM file name: eprom.zip

What is the MAME ROW?

MAME ROW stands for MAME Random Of the Week. We randomly select an arcade game from the 0.78 MAME Reference Set to play on the week. The idea is to play games we've never played before, interact with other forum members, post hi-scores, share game strategies, fun facts, and (the most important) HAVE FUN!

We're still working things out with the new MAME ROW structure. We will play the winner all next week.

Previous Rounds

• @obsidianspider Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters is pretty fun and has my vote. Pumped many a quarter into that game when I was growing up.

• So what's the point of Toki no Senshi - Chrono Soldier? I'll have to look into that one.

• @IanDaemon Its a top down run and gun type of game, but with a twist. You actually don't have a gun. Instead you have a bomb and a sword.

@celly I discovered the game last year and is one of the hidden gems from the arcade in my opinion. Since then I didn't play it much, but I love the setting and the style of it.

• Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters is cool, but it would really benefit from a rotating joystick. I find it hard to aim without one.

• This week's winner is Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 8.19.58 AM.png

ef.jpg

er.jpg

• MAME ROW #145 is live!

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.