Can't select default emulator
it seems i can't select a default emulator. I installed retropie on a fresh sd card, ran through the setup and fetched a couple of roms to see how smoothly everything runs (first time user here).
When i select a ROM im asked to select a default emulator and thats the point where im stuck.
The error ouput just flashes and vanishes behind the config window.
I found a somewhat similar problem on the retropie repo from 2017, unfortunately without solution.
I hope you guys can help.
I wich you all nice holidays!
- Pi Model or other hardware: 4 Model B 4G
- Power Supply used:
- HUAWEI Quick Charge Power Adaptor (5V/2A | 9V/2A)
- RetroPie Version Used (eg 3.6, 3.8.1, 4.1 - do not write latest):
Used commit 275d0d398bd4dcc4c00324a6a1f58c20feca2183 from Branch fkms_rpi4 for Setup (I don‘t actually know which version this is)
- Built From: Linux raspberrypi 4.19.75-v7l+ #1270 SMP Tue Sep 24 18:51:41 BST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux
- USB Devices connected: Logitech dongle & USB-Controller
- Controller used: XBOX 360 Controller for PC
- Error messages received:
Commands not found for the following lines:
- Log found in /dev/shm/runcommand.log (if relevant): folder is empty, this was the first i checked.
- Guide used: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/raspberry-pi-4-game-emulators,40102.html
- File: /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh
- Emulator: (Name of emulator - if applicable)
- How to replicate the problem: I followed the guide and wanted to run a ROM to test everything
The configuration shown in the video is not directly supported - RetroPie is not using the desktop environment. Use the Manual Installation method to install from a Raspbian Buster Lite image, using the
fkms_rpi4branch of the RetroPie repository.
Here's a list of steps needed to install - https://old.reddit.com/r/RetroPie/comments/dnimkw/raspberry_pi_4_manual_install_method/.
@mitu Thank you!
I'll try it out!
@mitu Thanks a lot!
It works like a charm now.
That's good. I can't take credit for the installation instructions - @Darksavior crafted it.
Well, then thanks a lot @Darksavior, too! :)