Support Running lr-mame2010 KI Game
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here in this forum, I really like the retropie project and the amazing effort behind it . I hope I can get some support with my following question.
I am trying to run KIller Instinct game in lr-mame2010 in my RPI4 and I am sure my rom and romset should work on this emulator as I have tried it in other devices(windows pc) under the same version of the emulator lr-mame2010 and this works totally fine! Moreover this rom works perfectly fine in lr-mame2016 but the peformance is not good at all, and I guess this is by pure luck as the chd is completely designed for lr-mame2010.
Here is more details about my current setup :
Pi Model or other hardware: Raspberry PI4
RetroPie Version Used: Version 4.5.9 (Jan 2010
commit 52f149a4d98e63f0062d2f555dc79b992e66ec7f )
Built From: top of existing OS - Raspbian Buster 10 from
using git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup.git
Emulator: lr-mame2010 included in Retropie
Log found in /dev/shm/runcommand.log (if relevant):
Controller used: XBOX-360
Splashcreen is disabled in Retropie Options
The behaviour is really weird, it crashes before launching the game. In the logs, I see that the CHD and the game is correctly recognised but fails with segmentation fault.
I appreciate any possible support /help you can give me .
Have a great day,
if it helps, it works on mame2003 (using the appropriate romset)
Thank you very much @dankcushions I have tried in the past with lr-mame2003 also with bunch of romsets but none of them has worked for me.. This is why I decided to stick with lr-mame2010 as this is working in other devices for me (windows pc) but not from Retropie in my RPI4, where I am trying to run it :) But happy to get some additional suggestions , thanks!
@Rodc it works on mame2003 for my on rp4 (and previously pi 3) - just remember you need to use the right file structure:
i don't know if it's ever worked on 2010.
it's very slow in the intro but on the verge of being playable in-game. a CPU overclock might help.
I have tried in the past with lr-mame2003 also with bunch of romsets but none of them has worked for me
as always with MAME, only one romset should be tried - the one for the MAME version you're using.
YFZdude last edited by
@dankcushions Thank you very much for all your support. I am indeed using the right file structure you pointed out for zip and chd :
Sorry for asking but is it possible to get some support with my attached log (/dev/shm/runcommand.log :https://pastebin.com/KcaYe82u ) ? I feel it's really close to opening, as I see the CHD is recognized and there is a lot a more lines after this.. Whenever I have tried wrong CHD or wrong romset the logs fails very quickly after a few lines. Here I see a lot of lines.
But dunno why it's crashing at the end :S . Maybe you or someone could suggest some options to disable in retropie or few more things to try? Even from command line?
BTW, I already tried to update lr-mame2010 from source and from bin within retropie but this clearly not making any difference either.
I know this is not a rom site therefore I cannot ask to share your lr-mame2003 rom/romset working for you .. The only possible way for me is to get some help with my current log .Or continue my search in the internet for lr-mame2003 rom but none of this has work for me (KI mame 2003 version is very rare and hard to find in the internet) .
@Rodc hi, to clarify i don't doubt there is a software issue running it in 2010 on ARM, rather than a retropie settings issue, and the log reflects that. i don't want to get involved in MAME development anymore but you could log the issue here: https://github.com/libretro/mame2010-libretro/issues