Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

(Rpi) Retropie PS4 buttons

• Hello!

My device is a Raspberry Pi 4 (4 GB) and everything was working fine until now. I'm using a PS4 gamepad, and before I updated cheats and other things in the rui interface I could use the PS-button + Start to quit the emulator and go back to the menu of Emulationstation. And the PS-button + triangle took me to the menu of Retroarch.

Anyway, now when I press the PS-button it only takes me to the Retroarch menu. Where can I set the button combinations as it was before?

• Global Moderator

You probably have downloaded the gamepad auto-configuration profiles from the RetroArch repository, including the one for your gamepad, and they overwritten the configuration RetroPie generated for your PS4 gamepad.
    Re-configure your gamepad again in EmulationStation, this should re-create the RetroArch gamepad profile and add the hotkeys back.

• @mitu Thank you for your reply. I did what you told me, but unfortunately the problem remains.

• Global Moderator

@Doink Check the \\retropie\configs\all\\retroarch\autoconfig folder - what files do you have there ?

• @mitu
    .travis.yml
    COPYING
    Makefile
    README.md
    Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller.cfg (also a bak-file with the same name)
    Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller.cfg (also a bak file)
    Wireless Controller.cfg (also a bak file)
    Configure
    retropad_layout.png
    veryfy_duplicate_profiles.rb

• Global Moderator

Delete everything from the folder (including sub-folders), except the .cfg files. Start RetroArch again - with a game - and see if your configuration profile works again.

• @mitu Yes, that solved everything. Thank you kindly for your time and help. I appreciate it a lot.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.