Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

• Hi,

i have a Xbox Series X / S Wireless controller (Modelnumber 1914) and I want to connect it to my Retropie (Raspberry PI 4). From what I've read the xpadneo-driver ist capable of runing this controller. But I'm already failing in connecting it with my RP4.

I've conntected it with my Windows 10 PC to update the controller firmware. After that I disabled ERTM in my Retropie:

sudo bash -c 'echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm'

But it still won't connect. The Bluetooth configuration tool of the setupscript does not even find the controller. When I try to pair it with bluetoothctl i can find the MAC-Adress but the paring fails.

sudo bluetoothctl

[bluetooth] agent on
    [bluetooth] default-agent
    [bluetooth] scan on
    [bluetooth] pair XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
    ConnectionAttemptFailed

I hope someone can help. I could not find any solition on the GitHub-Issuepages of the drivers

• Global Moderator

If you installed the xpadneo driver, then you won't need to change the disable_etrm parameter for the bluetooth module, the driver takes care of that.

Can you check that the module is properly installed and loaded ? There was an issue one week back when the driver wouldn't install properly - make sure you have updated your RetroPie-Setup script and re-install the driver. Check if the driver is loaded by running:

lsmod | grep hid_xpadneo

• @mitu Thanks for your help. I investigates the problem further and it turns out that my controller was in a "half paired" state. After I removed the device with the bluetooth-console I was able to connect, pair and trust the controller. It worked with bluetoothctl and the configuration tool, but the device is disconnected after reboot even when I trust it.
    Furthermore the light of the controler keeps blinking after the connection is established instead of remaining on as it should and the controller does not work.

I guess it has something to do with the driver because your command:

lsmod | grep hid_xpadneo

returns nothing.

I installed the driver with the RetroPie-Setup script and from the original GitHub-Repository. lsmod never returns something.

Do you have any more suggestions?

• Global Moderator

Remove the pairing for the controller from the Bluetooth menu, then load the hid_xpadneo driver with

sudo modprobe hid_xpadneo

Try again to pair the controller via bluetooth and see if it works.

• @mitu I was able to load the driver with your command. Unfortunatly the problem remains the same. The console says "Connection sucessful" but the light keeps blinking.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.