Announcing Pegasus Frontend
@fastpop72 Hi, the Appveyor build is there to make sure Visual Studio doesn't detect any errors either. I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with it to create single-exe files though, the Windows builds are cross compiled from Linux, where this is more straightforward.
fastpop72 last edited by
Someone has succesfully compiled Pegasus with the provided infos on the site? I followed every step but QTCreator gives me errors.... Is the compiling instructions obsolete?
Someone could post a step-by-step compiling guide?
@fluffypillow I recently updated to the
06/06/2021 alpha15-12-ge75b593b-dirtybuild and been having odd problems with my inputs. On a clean boot with snes pad and 360 stick connected: snes pad works fine. 360 is responsive for around one second, and then it'll place itself to the game on the upper left forever. This affects the snes pad until I disconnect the 360 controller. The side menu screen is not affected. I don't remember the previous build that I had but the stick worked fine with that.
No problems with emulationstation or once I'm in a game. Testing the stick with
jstestseems to be fine.
Retropie 4.7.15, pi4 with latest stable kernel 5.10.17-v71
@darksavior This sounds like it might be related to SDL2's gamepad handling, which was updated in the recent releases. Could you also try the stable release? In case you've changed the layout from inside Pegasus, there should be an
sdl_controllers.txtfile in the config directory; try removing it temporarily and set the buttons with the latest version.
Darksavior last edited by
@fluffypillow I did not find
/retropie/configs/all/pegasus-fe. I tried
alpha15-dirty 2021-03-28and everything works good.
@darksavior Could you try setting the gamepad layout again in the latest Pegasus, even if the buttons seem to be fine?
@fluffypillow Some buttons decided to bind themselves to other buttons or not at all. I binded them to the right buttons and pegasus has decided to now create that sdl txt file. Everything's working well now, thanks.
@fluffypillow Today I connected a new controller and I'm having troubles. It's an innext snes pad. Pegasus sees it as a "retrolink snes controller". Setting certain buttons will make pegasus freeze for a bit like the
Abutton. I had to use a text editor to properly set the
Some of the dpad directions are having the same freezing issue. I'm not sure how to set the dpad. Right now,
leftare not responding,
rightresponds as left, and
I've had to delete the sdl txt file entry and reboot my pi a few times because I'm not sure how to "clear" a setting so it has been time consuming with trial and errors.
03000000790000001100000010010000,Retrolink SNES Controller,a:b1,b:b2,back:b8,dpdown:a1,dpleft:a0,dpright:a0,dpup:a1,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,start:b9,x:b0,y:b3,platform:Linux,
Troopaking last edited by
@fluffypillow hello .
I feel like Pegasus is under valued i love it . Be amazing to see a standalone os for it instead of thru retropie . Have you considered this before ?
@troopaking Nah, while it would be nice, I don't really have the time to manage and maintain a separate distribution. You can make one however, if you'd like to.
@baksbani I guess it might work? Might need to build it manually though.
It's been a while since the last update, so here's a recap of what happened the summer:
- Added Android 11 support
- While this has been made to be backward-compatible as possible on Pegasus' side, but due to Android restrictions, some apps may no longer support opening files directly, or support it differently on Android 11. You might wish to contact the app developers in this case.
- Added Playnite support (thanks polson!)
- Added Lithuanian translation (thanks mrqside!)
- Updated Russian translation (thanks mrqside!)
- Linux: Fixed shutdown/reboot/suspend support in Flatpak (thanks j8r!)
- Mac: Added support for the
portable.txtfile on this platform too
- Steam: Improved support for custom game library locations
- Steam: Updated the list of ignored entries (ie. Proton and runtimes)
- LaunchBox: Fixed rating values going over 100%
- LaunchBox: Fixed imported Steam games not launching correctly in some cases (thanks polson!)
- LaunchBox: Fixed the favorite support for Steam games (thanks polson!)
- Metadata: Added experimental support for URI values as files, which can be used to customize games found by third-party sources (eg.
- Updated the gamepad database
- Themes API: Fixed support for JSON objects with
- It is now possible to build Pegasus using CMake; you can find the details in the documentation (https://pegasus-frontend.org/docs/dev/build/)
- Updated SDL to 2.0.16
- Added Android 11 support
New update! 2021-09-26
- Redesigned the gamepad layout editor
- You can now disable checking the existence of game files (useful for large game sets)
- Improved loading bar
- Added Japanese translation (thanks waitingmoon!)
- Steam: Updated support for the recent client changes
- Theme API: You can now use Qt.labs.qmlmodels (https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtqml-models-qmlmodule.html)
- Theme API: Updated SortFilterProxyModel to the latest version