Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

NES controller not working with New ControlBlock2 build

• I am having the EXACT same issue as Herzog.
    I actually performed the exact same tests as well before checking this thread, and had the exact same results.

• Global Moderator

There was a bug with a recently added additional virtual keyboard button, which is fixed now (finally). Sorry for this bug!

You can attach any momentary buttons on Player 1 A or B. Pressing the buttons will lead to a simulated press of the ESC or the F1 key.

• Thanks for your fast response! I will test it the next few days.

• Thank you for the amazing turn around time! I reinstalled the driver, and everything is working perfect again.

• Nope...
    After reinstallation of the driver I still have the same problem like Hravnkel.
    Setting: RPI 3b+, 4.4 Image, Controlblock2, SNES Controller.
    Gamepadtype is configured as "snes".
    The powerswitch function works well but if I want to configure the input just the "B" button is recognized...

• Global Moderator

Ok, I was able to reproduce your observation with NES controllers. I have fixed it a few minutes ago.

There is now a dedicated NES gamepad type in the configuration: Use "nes" as gamepad type in /etc/controlblockconfig.cfg.

• My problems are also gone. Thanks a lot!
    By the way, this time I used the Retropie-setup script to install the driver. Works fine.

• Original poster here.

I was able to install the latest driver using:
    wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/petrockblog/ControlBlockService2/master/install.sh | sudo bash

I took me a while to understand the difference between US & UK keyboards to make the "|" (pipe) symbol. For those w/ US keyboards, use the lower right ALT + "~" (next to #1).

I am struggling again w/ having and empty /ect/controlblockconfig.cfg file which is preventing me from setting the controller as NES or SNES.
    cd ControlBlockService2
    sudo nano /ect/controlblockconfig.cfg

I can run jstest /dev/input/js0 and it shows driver 2.1.0 (same as before) and being set as arcade (I had switched it to SNES w/ the old driver back when I could open the config file).

How do I get the /ect/controlblockconfig.cfg file to open again so I can edit it to NES now?

• Global Moderator

You can restore the original configuration file by running the install script again, e.g., by running sudo ./install.sh from within the ControlBlockService2 directory.

• Global Moderator

Also, the config file is located in the folder supplementary within the driver folder ControlBlockService2.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.