SNES Controller not working
SuperPitendo last edited by SuperPitendo
I have an issue with my SNES controllers. It just recognizes the B button, but nothing else...
here is my setting:
Controlblock Rev 2.1
Built in a SNES case
Original SNES controller in use
I tried so many things now.
I installed it via commandline and used the wiki. No success.
I installed it via RetroPie-Setup. No success.
I rewired everything and checked it again and again and again...
Still no success.
Of course I edited the config from default "arcade" to "snes".
The LED works, the powerswitch function works, but not the controller...
This worked perfect with the Raspi 3b with the 4.3 image...
to rule out a software issue I could prepare a RetroPie 4.4 image with ControlBlock driver installed and configured for SNES controllers, ok?
That would be a big help!
Cause I really dont know, what I am doing wrong in compare to my old setting.
Take your time, I am for 3 weeks in Mexico, so I will check it after my trip! Thanks!
You can download a RetroPie 4.4 image with the ControlBlock driver installed and configured SNES mode at https://www.dropbox.com/s/mak54m9e9kads5w/retropie-4.4-withControlBlockDriver.img.zip?dl=0
Hope that helps!
Sir, I had no success with your preconfigured image.
I have still the same issue. So it seems to be a hardware issue I guess.
As I already told, I checked the wires a couple of times and they are correctly connected.
Is it possible that the Controlblock got a short circuit?
Do you have any other solution/idea?
I replied to your email.
Also, if you have other components attached to you pi, I would re-start only with the RPi and the ControlBlock. Then configure the ControlBlock with
arcade. This allows you to use a wire connected that is connected to ground to test each pin out of the ControlBlock by simply connecting the other end with each pin. Use
js1, respectively. In this way you can ensure for 100% that he RPi and ControlBlock hardware is fine. Then you can go on, configure
snesand connect the controller(s). Then, use
jstestagain to see if everything works. Only then connect all other peripherals.
Maybe this gives you another idea ...
It works!!! Finally!!!
I´ve ordered a new ControlBlock and it worked out of the box (tried it with your preconfigured Image).
Finally - very glad to hear that!