Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

ControlBlock current consumption.

• I have a RPi 3 running retropie with a 10.1 inch LCD screen powered by a 5v 3.1 amp power adapter.
    The issue I have is that once I added the Control Block the raspberry is reporting under voltage and won't allow over clocking.
    Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

• Maybe power the control block with another power supply?

One for the Pi and one for the controlblock?

I use a 5V apple iPhone charger and USB to micro cable...

• Global Moderator

For switching the voltage the ControlBlock contains a MOSFET that naturally comes with a slight voltage. I observed the behavior, which you described above, with low-cost USB cables. I suggest that you try thicker (= more copper) USB micro cable.

Just to give an example for a power supply that works without flaws, you could take a look at the official Raspberry Pi Power Supply. But most of all the other USB power supplies and cables also work!

• @petrockblog
    Thank you for the reply.
    Will investigate in more reliable power supplies.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.