Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Arcade Manager: install overlays and manage roms in a user-friendly, fast and cross-platform GUI

• @cosmo0 Hey I've tried installing the overlays with your Arcade manager, but the games seem to be severely cropped?

is this an issue with retropie 4.4 ? or has the script changed somehow?

thanks

• Hey! I'm planning to use this for my picade setup, which uses a resolution of 1024x768. Is there a way to load 4x3 bezels instead of 16:9?

• @felchwizard Are all the games cropped, or only some of them? There might be a few with coordinates bugs, but most of them should be ok. If it's all of them, it's a bug somewhere.
    If you're talking about overscan (small crops on all sides), it's normal.

@Aksen I don't really see the point of using overlays on a 4:3 screen, especially in a physical arcade.
    But no, the software can resize the overlays, but it has to be a 16:9 resolution.

• @cosmo0 Any plans to update the pack with Orionsangel Realistic Arcade Bezels?

There have been some major updates since last time.

• @cosmo0 said in Arcade Manager: install overlays and manage roms in a user-friendly, fast and cross-platform GUI:

@Aksen I don't really see the point of using overlays on a 4:3 screen, especially in a physical arcade.

Having built a DIY upright cabinet with a 4:3 monitor myself, I can tell you that overlays are very useful in that aspect ratio, either for vertical games like you can see in this thread, or as complete bezels around a reduced game area like the one on the left screenshot in the opening post of this thread. In my experience, most original bezels are much closer to 4:3 than to 16:9 and have to be extended somehow to the latter like that leftmost picture has been.

Bezels and overlays are the main reason I chose a 4:3 monitor with a much higher resolution (1600x1200) than most emulated games have, so that the artwork and the game area can be displayed without reducing their image quality.

• @Clyde This is sort of what I was thinking - I've got a picade with a plastic bezel (8 inch screen), but they sell and upgrade kit to a 10 inch screen with little to no bezel. it would be neat to play games at the 8 inch size, with a virtual bezel popping in for each game.

@cosmo0 since this doesn't support 4:3, don't worry about it... not really a feature request. Something will come along someday, and in the meantime I'm using this solution for my plug-in retropie.

• @Aksen said in Arcade Manager: install overlays and manage roms in a user-friendly, fast and cross-platform GUI:

Something will come along someday, and in the meantime I'm using this solution for my plug-in retropie.

FYI, there's an active bounty for implementing an artwork system in RA that is compatible with MAME's artwork format. A promising first picture was posted there, recently.

• Hi,
    First of all thank you so much for the amazing work. This tool helped me more than you could imagine.
    But I encountered an issue with the realistic overlays. For some reason the game still runs on full screen. I went to retropie config and from there I changed Retropie aspect ratio settings to config and yet they are full screen. So I set it custom and it works but now all the other games that don't have overlays are visually ugly because they are running on a different aspect ratio that I set for all games.
    Is there a way to have the overlays running without affecting any other games?

• @Bandar Hello. I have the same problem the game are bigger than the Overlay screen

• Ok I found the problem, it's the value of aspect_ratio_index which is 22. This retroarch update it needs 23

It is in the file : configs/all/retroarch/overlay/arcade-realistic/common.cfg

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.