Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

crt-pi shader users - reduce scaling artifacts with these configs in lr-mame2003, lr-fbalpha, lr-nestopia (and more to come)

• @ecto - I don't think it's possible or at least not easy. You can generate a new set and it shouldn't be to hard doing a compare of old and new folders to pull a new set of cfgs named the same. If you're using custom resolutions on a per game basis for bezels I don't see any easy way.

Here's a new download link to the files for you to take a look though. I made a few more modifications.

One set for the crt-pi shaders and one for the zfast shaders. Also in the zip is the resolution_db files. You only need to install Python and they should work.

crt_pi_configs.bat
    crt_pi_configs.py
    zfast_configs.bat
    zfast_configs.py

I modified the scripts so they could also be used for mame2003 or mame2003-plus. They are identical cores except for a few hundred games. Mainly mame2003-plus additions but there's also around a dozen or so that are mame2003 only.

I also added FBNeo but left FB Alpha for those still using the older core.

If a game is not in one of the resolution_db files (as they are getting older now) you can add an entry fairly easy by looking at what information is needed. It's a flat text file, one game entry per line and most of the fields are unused.

Another option is to find a clone or parent ROM .cfg file that has already been generated for the core and just copy/rename it. For example you can easily use the Donkey Kong (dkong.cfg) and modify it for Donkey Kong 3 (dkong3.cfg), etc.

The other 2 files in the archive are just batch files to create both a 1280x720, 1920x1080 and curvature set of cfgs, for all the cores at the same time and then zip them up. You can modify the batch file and add/remove specific cores and resolutions you're targeting for your setup.

The batch files aren't needed though. If you prefer to just run the python scripts from the command line similar to below which would not be zipped up but in a folder only.

python crt_pi_configs.py mame2003 1920 1080

For the other cores you can replace mame2003 with the specific core you want. For the x (horizontal resolution) replace 1920 for y (vertical resolution) replace 1080.

For curvature just remove the resolution values and add curvature 0 like so:

python crt_pi_configs.py mame2003 curvature 0.

Core Names:
    MAME 2003 = mame2003
    MAME-2003 Plus = 2003plus
    FinalBurn Alpha = fbalpha
    FinalBurn Neo = fbneo
    Consoles = consoles

• Hi

Riverstorm would you mind checking that download location, as it timesout :( TIA!

also could someone please re confirm the correct folder names in retropie/configs/all/retroarch/config for mame2003plus and for fbneo.

thank you so much, I'm running 1280 x 1024 and these scanline improvements have been so appreciated

iain

• @Riverstorm Thanks for uploading the scripts and explaining them once again!

Regarding my provious question, I think I may have come to a solution:
    The Bezelproject just downloads cfg files for each game containing a path to the bezel (like here dondonpachi):

input_overlay = "/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch/overlay/ArcadeBezels/ddonpach.cfg"

I will now just take your generated zfast_curvature cfg files and merge them into one file with something like

#!/bin/bash

cd 'bezelproject_cfgs'
    for bezel_file in *.cfg; do
      zfast_file="zfast_curvature_cfgs/$bezel_file"
      cat "$bezel_file" "$zfast_file" > "merged_cfgs/$bezel_file"
    done

(Mind, I haven't tested the script, just googled away and found a solution to merge two textfiles!) Use at your own risk and only with backed up data!

Last thing worth noting is, that probably my Rpi3b+ isn't fast enough for handling bezels and a shader... That's at least what I learned reading through this thread. But that doesn't matter: It's alway fun to have new project going! Also, this paves the way for a future Rpi4! ;)

• Global Moderator

the scripts are all broken (again, but this time in a new way) with the latest version of retroarch :|

• @dankcushions What happend?

• @iainjh - Doing a quick download test it seems to be working fine.

The cfg files need to be located in:

/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch/config/MAME 2003-Plus
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch/config/FinalBurn Neo

@ecto - Thanks for a solution to merge. The cfg file generated is fairly small with 4 comment lines and only 7 "functional" lines but still it could be a lot of work without a script. :)

I would also be curious as to what's broke with the latest RetroArch. I mainly use RetroPie and when downloading the latest RetroPie script 4.5.1 (896b34e1) and updating RetroArch it's still on 1.7.6. Everything in 1.7.6 works still so I am guessing it's something in 1.7.7 but I can't find a thread on what's broke.

• Global Moderator

@Riverstorm https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-7-8-released/

i've not tried it, but looks like the shader changes will break them.

• Global Moderator

@dankcushions said in crt-pi shader users - reduce scaling artifacts with these configs in lr-mame2003, lr-fbalpha, lr-nestopia (and more to come):

i've not tried it, but looks like the shader changes will break them.

Yes, the video_shader parameter has disappeared, hence any usage of it in a .cfg file will be ignored.

• Some neat features in that version like the OCR, text to speech and CD support.

I use whatever RetroPie defaults to which I think is RA 1.7.6 which works well but it does look like when RetroPie goes to RA 1.7.8 some things will need tweaked in the script.

Example of new shader command line for RA 1.7.8:

retroarch --set-shader "D:\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_glsl\blurs\kawase_blur_5pass.glslp" -L <core> <content>

Example with relative path:

retroarch --set-shader "shaders_glsl\blurs\kawase_blur_5pass.glslp" -L <core> <content>

• thanks, I tried again and after a few goes it downloaded. thanks also re the paths!

I'll avoid updating retroarch.

:):):)

@Riverstorm said in crt-pi shader users - reduce scaling artifacts with these configs in lr-mame2003, lr-fbalpha, lr-nestopia (and more to come):

@iainjh - Doing a quick download test it seems to be working fine.

The cfg files need to be located in:

/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch/config/MAME 2003-Plus
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch/config/FinalBurn Neo

@ecto - Thanks for a solution to merge. The cfg file generated is fairly small with 4 comment lines and only 7 "functional" lines but still it could be a lot of work without a script. :)

I would also be curious as to what's broke with the latest RetroArch. I mainly use RetroPie and when downloading the latest RetroPie script 4.5.1 (896b34e1) and updating RetroArch it's still on 1.7.6. Everything in 1.7.6 works still so I am guessing it's something in 1.7.7 but I can't find a thread on what's broke.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.