Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

YARMan Web (BETA)

• @daeks What's the point on restarting emulationstation via yarm?! I can't see a use case for it...

• @meleu running es overwrites gamelist.xml, therefore it needs to be quited. Anyhow, nobody has to use it if he does not need it ;) - Nevertheless, I am struggling to start a game after restarting es as mentioned above.

• @daeks As I reported on yarman issue tracker, the I had some issues when trying to install it on RetroPie x86 (Linux Mint 18.1).

• sqlite implementation is finished so far.
    Currently doing some deeper tests before releasing it. It can be already tested on the sqlite branch.

The biggest issue I have is the execution time for hashing roms all at once during the sync/setup process. Tests on a very large romset resulted in script timeouts and the general process takes too long - Thinking on dat support later on, I currently struggle a bit how to solve that. Maybe some cron job?

• @Jeck11 You can change that setting in the config menu so that it puts the art in the correct folder rather than the roms directory.

• I have released a new version of YARMan Web. Please update the scriptmodule before updating.
    Please be aware that some modules are still BETA.

Note: YARMan Web is currently only tested on Raspberry 3B with latest RetroPie installation.

Changelog:

-- [FIX] Config Editor strips content in some circumstances
    -- [FIX] Image / Video preview uses proper path from xml tag
    -- [FIX] Better HTML5 upload dialog & error handling
    -- [FIX] Restarting ES didnt work

-- [NEW] SQLite Implementation
    -- [NEW] Quick Setup on first startup
    -- [NEW] Dynamic Administration Panel
    -- [NEW] Emulator Configuration
    -- [NEW] Database Management

-- [CHANGE] Dashboard rewrite with dynamically loaded widgets
    -- [CHANGE] New Metadata Editor (no direct save on gamelist.xml)
    -- [CHANGE] Rom hashing preparation for DAT support
    -- [CHANGE] Performance Improvements and several minor points

Some impressions:
    0_1489056216350_dashboard.png
    0_1489055503204_metadata_editr.png
    0_1489055514904_export.png
    0_1489055530974_editor.png
    0_1489055591401_logsviewer.png
    0_1489055578196_config.png

• Looks amazing!

• This is excellent work.
    I got the default apache page at first accessing http://retropie
    I just needed to move the default index.html to a diff filename then index.php was selected by default.
    mv /var/www/html/index.html /var/www/html/old.index.html
    after that popped right up. :-)

• @daeks What a pitty I just discovered this piece of WEBGUI sooo late :(

• I just discovered this, judging from the screenshots this is exactly what i've been looking for. retropie doesn't support php5 anymore.
    I installed php7 + sql3 manually (edited the install script to not check for php5 dependencies) but it doesn't seem to work. no files are inside /www. anyone can help?

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.