Solved: Steven Selph /scraper not found
frankenbenz last edited by frankenbenz
Pi Model or other hardware: Pi 3, Model B, no overclock
Power Supply used: 5V, 2A
RetroPie Version Used: 4.3.5
Built From: Image on RetroPie website
USB Devices connected: Anker keyboard
Controller used: 8bitdo SNES30
Error messages received:
Could not successfully install Scraper for EmulationStation by Steven Selph (/home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/tmp/build/scraper/scraper not found)
Guide used:and https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/scraper
Attachment of config files: https://pastebin.com/G0tReBH4
How to replicate the problem:
- Following the guides provided (either one) error is received every time.
- Log file created everytime it errors out
- Errors out at the same point every attempt
- I am using sudo to initiate the setup
- I am unable to add the /scraper folder using sftp with admin login
There are possibly several issues that caused this, I will list here everything I noticed that could be related
- SD card had error and would not re-format while conducting a fresh install
- I may not have expanded the default RetroPie disk usage (cannot confirm as SD card was corrupt)
- Fresh install with new SD card solved the issue
@frankenbenz Have you tried installing the scraper using the setup script through the menu in Emulation Station?
Go into Configuration > RetroPie SetUp . UPDATE RETROPIE -SETUP SCRIPT then Manage Packages > Optional > Scraper
I have used the menu in Emulation Station as well. I did re-run the update setup script just now and then re-ran the scraper through the menu. Same issue present.
@frankenbenz Odd. I just un-installed and re-installed with no issues. Obviously this may not be the same as a fresh install but it threw no errors at all.
@jonnykesh Maybe I will try re-installed RetroPie and hope for the best.. :/
I did a fresh install and it is working okay now. I did pick up a new SD card as my previous one was having an error while reformatting.
Issue is solved.
@frankenbenz Good to hear. If there was a general issue with the scraper install we definitely would have heard more about it by now.
Sometimes things just get screwy for no obvious reason. Computers, eh?