Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

LR-Atari800 audio with Atari 5200

• Hi everyone,

I have recently setup atari5200 support via lr-atari800, got the controls working well etc. But by default the audio is sporadic and mostly missing. Some basic sound play but that is all.

Any advice is appreciated thanks!

• I should also add that this is using a 3b+ board, and the latest current retropie updates. And that this is the only emulator having this issue.

• Similar issue here. Sound works, but there's a loud periodic crackling/popping sound in the audio that's extremely unpleasant. Any suggestions?

• Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Anyone alive out there?

• administrators

@keith-f-kelly Yes but you need to follow the guidelines you agreed to read when you signed up -

Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Start a new topic, then post the details of your system. It may well be a bug with the core which can be fed upstream, but we need information to be able to reproduce it.

• @Nowun said in LR-Atari800 audio with Atari 5200:

Hi everyone,
    I have recently setup atari5200 support via lr-atari800, got the controls working well etc. But by default the audio is sporadic and mostly missing. Some basic sound play but that is all.
    Any advice is appreciated thanks!

I had the same issue with the sound. For me it helped to change the audio gain (in Retroarch) to 0 (zero). Anything above kills the noise generator and almost mutes most games. By setting the gain to zero all sounds are present!

• Banned

@mth75 I'm having exact same problem on latest 4.4.9 pi3b+ are you talking about Volume Gain Retroarch /Audio / Volume Gain DB tried set to 0 it's by default and still same issue.

• @Virtualman No, i'm talking about the "Audio/Mixer - adjust output volume" selected from the RetroPie / ES menu. In the meantime I tested this problem, which also happens in the VideoPac, and Atari 8bit emulators on 3b and 3b+ boards with different installs (different SD cards from friends).
    This seems to be an Stretch and/or Raspberry Stretch audio driver problem.

• Banned

@mth75 Yeah i managed to figure it out, my configs/all/retroarch.cfg global override was doing something, so i deleted retroarch.cfg in config/atari5200/ and it reset it and save directory override and all good got sound now

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.