Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Can't use "start" botton to start game

• Hi, I installed retropie yesterday with no problem, I have a SNES controller from geeekpi (like this).
    I followed the installation guide and configured successfully any button but I can't start game with "start". In the menu I can sroll down and up and every button works fine, even "start", but in-game it doesn't work.
    For hotkey I set "select" with the default configuration, but I can't exit game with start+select.
    What can I do?
    I have raspberry pi 3 b+.

Sorry for my english, I'm from Italy, I'm trying my best.

• Global Moderator

@sarahoveryou Re-map you controller (1 would be enough, 2nd one would get the same configuration since it's similar) and skip the Hotkey selection (long press A to skip it). You'll be asked if you want to use Select as Hotkey and here choose Yes. Re-try to see if you can now use Select + Start to exit games.
    What game are you trying and it's not starting with the Start button ?

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.