Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

lr-vice configuration problems

• Hello

I've been configuring C-64 games to run on my set up. I'm using lr-vice for all my games. I'm just about 99% of the way there, but I've run into two issues that I can't seem to crack:

1. The ENTER key on my keyboard is mapped to the FIRE button on joyport 1. So any game that involves entering text, say Ghostbusters, I need to press RETURN at the end of it, but it obviously doesn't work. I can't seem to find where to unmap the keyboard keys. I can find where to remap gamepad controls, in fact I'm working around this now by mapping RETURN to a button on the game pad, but ideally I'd like the keyboard to work as normal.

2. The virtual keyboard in lr-vice doesn't seem to actually work. I can raise the keyboard, navigate it with the game pad, and when I press A on the game pad the corresponding virtual key briefly flashes reflecting that it's been "pressed." but no keypress is registered in lr-vice. Has anyone else noticed this?

This is on a Pi 3B+, no overclock. 2.5A/5.1V Canakit power supply.
    Standard install from pre-built Retropie 4.4 image, upgraded to 4.4.12 via Retropie Setup script
    lr-vice installed from source after 4.4.12 upgrade using RetroPie Setup script, experimental packages

vice options in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-core-options.cfg

vice_C64Model = "C64MODEL_C64_NTSC"
    vice_Controller = "joystick"
    vice_Drive8Type = "1581"
    vice_DriveTrueEmulation = "disabled"
    vice_ExternalPalette = "none"
    vice_JoyPort = "port_1"
    vice_mapper_b = "RETROK_SPACE"
    vice_mapper_l = "RETROK_ESCAPE"
    vice_mapper_l2 = "RETROK_F10"
    vice_mapper_l3 = "RETROK_TAB"
    vice_mapper_r = "RETROK_F10"
    vice_mapper_r2 = "RETROK_ESCAPE"
    vice_mapper_r3 = "RETROK_F5"
    vice_mapper_start = "RETROK_F1"
    vice_mapper_x = "RETROK_RETURN"
    vice_mapper_y = "RETROK_F9"
    vice_RetroJoy = "enabled"
    vice_SidModel = "6581F"
    vice_Statusbar = "disabled"
    vice_UserportJoyType = "none"

contents of /opt/retropie/configs/c64/VICE x64/VICE x64.rmp

input_libretro_device_p1 = "513"
    input_libretro_device_p2 = "513"
    input_libretro_device_p3 = "1"
    input_libretro_device_p4 = "1"
    input_libretro_device_p5 = "1"
    input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = "0"
    input_player2_analog_dpad_mode = "0"
    input_player3_analog_dpad_mode = "0"
    input_player4_analog_dpad_mode = "0"
    input_player5_analog_dpad_mode = "0"

• @j-e-f-f I've never used the libretro one but for the standard vice I had to change the keyboard from symbolic to positional, not sure if that will help in your case as I don't recall having your issue but my other issues were solved with this change.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.