Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

UNIQUE Headphone Jack Audio Problem

• Hardware: RPi 3B
    Power Supply used: 5.25V
    RetroPie Version Used: Retropie 4.4
    Built From: Pre made SD Image on RetroPie website
    USB Devices connected: Keyboard, Arcade Controller (x2
    Issue: Every time I plug in my headphones into the RPI, you can hear the splashscreen video (at the start) very well and clear. Afterwards, crazy disrtortion, lag and static. Can anyone please help!

• @TheBossT You described a similar problem over hdmi in another post, and also something about an added touch screen with script. Have you tried testing the audio with a vanilla installation?

Try playing an mp3 or something with omx player through the terminal (command line).

If you get bad audio with that then I can be bad/conflicted drivers, a bad installation, or maybe bad hardware.

• Yeah, I've tested on a vanilla installation. The audio just is the same all round. :(

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.