Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Fbneo missing? How to get it back?

• Hi, first post ever.
    I couldn’t find an answer in the forum, maybe because I’m a novice this is common for everyone else.
    I tinkered around with retropie on raspberry pi 3 for a while. When I wanted more n64 performance i started working on retropie on Odroid xu4. Works great. My friend asked me to help him with a raspberry pi 3.
    His favorite rom is arcade-centipede. It works on my Odroid but not on the RPi. I have it on both. I checked the emulator on the Odroid and it’s using fbneo. But that option does not exist on my RPi. I thought I had the same bios and files. Any ideas on how to get fbneo back on the RPi...or a different suggestion to get centipede running? None of the emulators I have work...it just crashes.
    Thanks, Ryan
    Pi Model or other hardware: ( 3)
    Power Supply used: (5v 2.5a)
    RetroPie Version Used (2.8.4):
    Built From: (Pre made SD Image on RetroPie website)
    USB Devices connected: snes style controller
    Controller used:
    Error messages received: just crashes
    Log found in /dev/shm/runcommand
    Guide used: (Google and here, can’t find my answer)
    File: (File with issue - with FULL path)
    Emulator: (Name of emulator - if applicable)

• administrators

That version of retropie is very old and unsupported. You will need to start from the 4.5.1 image. The base os is no longer supported so it's easiest to use a new image and copy across your configs and ROMs.

• @BuZz ok thanks.
    I was actually able to get it by updating from binary. It showed I had it and that it was installed, but I had to reinstall/update and it’s now working.
    Thanks

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.