Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Amiberry - map an Amiga keyboard key to a specific keyboard key

• It may not be intuitive, so let me clarify.

I have an ipac2, which act as keyboard. As such; each button on my arcade controller is mapped to a keyboard key. When running the amiga; there are some keys that are universal for certain games; like F1-F4, Return, left mouse button, spacebar and so on.

I would like to not have to use the keyboard attached to my RPI4, and since my controller has 8 buttons for each player, and the amiga usually use only one joy button, I would like to map the other buttons to my arcade button.
    I can change those buttons in the iPac2 config utility; but that would mess up mame and all the other retroarch cores, so what I want to do is to remap for example "enter" on the amiga keyboard to "alt" on my encoder, which is assigned to button 2; or F3 to button 3 and Esc to button 4 and so on.

How do I do that? I see no entry for buttons in the hostprefs.conf file, nor I saw them in the rp-a500.uae file. Whatever the Amiberry application is using to map controls, does not seem to be visible.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.