Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Libretro Hatari - How to install?

• Since I cannot map buttons to emulator actions from within Hatari, I would like to give a shot to the Libetro Hatari test core here: https://github.com/libretro/hatari

Can you guide me how to install it?
    If I install it, will RetroPie give it to me as an option for Atari ST roms?

I have a pi3

Thanx!

• I had the following answer in the libretro Hatari github
    https://github.com/libretro/hatari/issues/11#issuecomment-257352187

You can build this by going into the top-level directory of the source tree and typing:
    make -f Makefile.libretro
    Beyond that, you'd have to talk to the RetroPie folks about how to integrate it, etc.

• administrators

create a new file nano ~/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/libretrocores/lr-hatari.sh and paste this into it

#!/usr/bin/env bash

# This file is part of The RetroPie Project
    #
    # The RetroPie Project is the legal property of its developers, whose names are
    # too numerous to list here. Please refer to the COPYRIGHT.md file distributed with this source.
    #
    # See the LICENSE.md file at the top-level directory of this distribution and
    # at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/master/LICENSE.md
    #

rp_module_id="lr-hatari"
    rp_module_desc="Atari emulator Hatari"
    rp_module_help="ROM Extensions: .st .stx .img .rom .raw .ipf .ctr\n\nCopy your Hatari roms to $romdir/atarist"
    rp_module_section="exp"

function depends_lr-hatari() {
        getDepends zlib1g-dev
    }

function sources_lr-hatari() {
        gitPullOrClone "$md_build" https://github.com/libretro/hatari.git
    }

function build_lr-hatari() {
        make -f Makefile.libretro
        md_ret_require="$md_build/hatari_libretro.so"
    }

function install_lr-hatari() {
        md_ret_files=(
            'hatari_libretro.so'
            'readme.txt'
            'gpl.txt'
        )
    }

function configure_lr-hatari() {
        mkRomDir "atarist"
        ensureSystemretroconfig "atarist"

addSystem 0 "$md_id" "atarist" "$md_inst/hatari_libretro.so"
    }

then go into RetroPie-Setup and install it from the experimental section.

if it installs ok, you will be able to select it from the runcommand launch menu

• Thank you @BuZz

I will install it when I get home and let you know of the outcome

• Just installed it but when I am in the Launch menu and press to select the default emulator, I get a black border in the bottom of the screen which says something about arguments (too quick to read) and starts the game with the default emulator (hatari fast)

I went to dev/shm but the logs did not contain the error

I manually edit the emulator.cfg and put lr-hatari as default.

It cannot run the ipf files (it pops up an error messagebox) and in the .st files it just goes back to the games list.

I have put the tos.img inside the lr-hatari folder but with no success.

• I deleted the lr-hatari.sh script from inside the libretrocores and tried to install lr-hatari from the RetroPie 4.1 envioronment.

I get only a Install from Source selection and after that I am getting this error message:

lr-hatari-patch

/home/pi/retroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/libretrocores/lr-hatari/01_libcapsimage.diff failed to apply

the log

inflating: capsimg_source_linux_macosx/SPStudio_Dev.sln  
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/retropie-manager
    lr-hatari patch /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/libretrocores/lr-hatari/01_libcapsimage.diff failed to apply

any help appreciated

• administrators

It's broken - I will fix it. Note there are problems with this core still - I had to put the system os in the /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin folder for it to find it - although may be fixable with a custom hatari config.

• administrators

should be fixed now. I had forgotten to commit a file to the repository. You will need to update retropie-setup script.

• Yeap. You are ace.

The core has definetely issues. I placed the TOS image even inside the retroarch bin folder as you suggested but I cannot have any .st game file to work. I am always thrown back to the rom list screen. It does not support .ipf game files (at least I get an error message for it)

I hope the guys can improve it in the future. Good addition to RetroArch arsenal :)

• administrators

Yeah it needs work. It may have been best left out tbh, but I was short on time to test, so I thought it would be ok to leave it in experimental.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.