Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Here is a way to select joystick for players 1-4 (global or emu specific)

• I see you can choose the order of 4 different "joysticks" but my question is a little different. I have one set of arcade controls plugged in through an ipac so it shows up as a keyboard, and then I have a BT dongle with a PS3 controller. I have it set as the arcade is P1 and PS3 is set for P2, but what if I want to change those on the fly?

I saw you can go launch a rom and then go into the menu, settings, input, and check what is bound to P1 or P2. I guess my question could be, can I set the keyboard as an autoconfig so it auto configs when I select it from the menu?

Sorry if that seems like rambling. Not sure the best way to word everything. Thanks!

• @meleu said in Here is a way to select joystick for players 1-4 (global or emu specific):

And now the install.sh creates a gamelist.xml entry for joystick_selection.sh. So there is no problem when the "PARSE GAMELISTS ONLY" is set to "ON".

Can anyone tell me exactly what this entry should say? A gamelist.xml entry wasn't created when I ran the install.sh

• Global Moderator

@Furluge It's called Joystick Selection.

• @meleu So I know this topic is old but I was having a problem with joystick configuration and everyone says this is the thing to do but after going into the f4 menu and typing install.sh and it says I don't have it how do I go about download that or am I just doing something wrong, I'm sorry if this is really obvious I am painfully new.

• @nvr-wrks-1st-try The first post of this thread has a section called "Installation" where you can see the instructions to install the tool.

• @meleu I'm still having a problem where it says:

0curl: (6) Could not resolve host: raw.githubusercontent.com

• @meleu it is similar to the problem @mattrixk had

• @nvr-wrks-1st-try said in Here is a way to select joystick for players 1-4 (global or emu specific):

@meleu I'm still having a problem where it says:

0curl: (6) Could not resolve host: raw.githubusercontent.com

Looks like your raspi is offline. You should solve it first.

• @meleu so I downloaded this packages because of a problem I was having where the two USB joysticks would be seen as one because they are identical setups but after successfully downloading and updating the package the problem persisted and the two joysticks did not separate even though on the joystick selector it was seen as two usb gamepads and I set one joystick for player one and the other as player 2. Any thoughts?

• Hello, the "Joystick Selection" app has helped me out with swapping the default Player 1 / Player 2 of my Xin-mo dual arcade controller. It's great! :) However, the issue I am having is that if I don't have the Xin-mo gamepad plugged in and am trying to use my PS3 controller instead, it works through emulationstation menus but when I launch a retorarch emulator it does not register as Player 1 / does nothing even though it is the only gamepad plugged in! Is there a way to still set Player 1 / Player 2 if the Xin-mo is plugged in but if not plugged in to then just use whatever gamepad is available for Player 1 / Player 2? Or what are my other options besides "Joystick Selection" to get this to work? Thanks in advance to the Retropie community, you've been quite helpful so far throughout my Retropie project :)

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.