Error when trying to add 2nd controller via bluetooth
digital last edited by digital
I've built a new RetroPie. It's using the Pi3 board, a SanDisk 32GB card and I'm running RetroPie 4.3 downloaded from the site.
I was able to pair a 8Bitdo SFC30 controller via bluetooth.
I have a 8Bitdo SNES30 controller that I'd like to have connected as well for 2 player games. However, when I try to add it, I get an error message, "An error occurred connecting to the bluetooth device (Creating device failed: org.bluez.Error.AlreadyExists: Already Exists)"
The really strange part is, when I look in registered devices/active connections, it shows the mac address of the SNES as active! I know that's not the case because the SNES30 is off, the SFC30 is on and I can navigate and play games with it! I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it.
Resolution steps attempted:
- Connect PS3 via USB to Pi.
- Turn off SFC30 and SNES30.
- Remove all bluetooth devices except the SFC30.
- Reboot the Pi.
- Attempt to add the controller via steps outlined here https://retropie.org.uk/docs/8Bitdo-Controller/.
- Error is displayed.
- All controllers are running the latest firmware.
- The closest post I could find was this, https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/12739/unable-to-add-second-8bitdo-snes30-controller.
- /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch/autoconfig contains 2 files, "Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller.cfg" (https://pastebin.com/Sd3HBgcN) and "8Bitdo NES30 Pro.cfg" (https://pastebin.com/4iRSVV6i).
- /etc/udev/rules.d/ has "99-bluetooth.rules" (https://pastebin.com/ZpmyPNmP) and "99-bluetooth.rules.bak" (https://pastebin.com/ENFhYSyT).
- https://i.imgur.com/5paq38H.jpg (when trying to add SNES30 controller - note mac addresses)
- https://i.imgur.com/kTg4FlU.jpg (error message when tring to add)
- https://i.imgur.com/YpY8vLY.jpg (registered devices. active is showing 8Bitdo NES30 Pro but it's powered off!)
Details of build:
Pi Model or other hardware: 3
Power Supply used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N336XEU
RetroPie Version Used: 4.3
Built From: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/releases/download/4.3/retropie-4.3-rpi2_rpi3.img.gz
USB Devices connected: None
Controller connected: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072Q21BD7/
Error messages received: "An error occurred connecting to the bluetooth device (Creating device failed: org.bluez.Error.AlreadyExists: Already Exists)"
Log found in /dev/shm/runcommand.log (if relevant): N/A
Attachment of config files: N/A
How to replicate the problem: Outlined above.
digital last edited by
I guess dual bluetooth controllers of differing makes/models are not supported?