Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Configure specific controller gamepad in retroarch.cfg

• I am trying to map Gamepad1 button 11 to input_exit_emulator_btn setting and Gamepad2 button 11 to input_pause_toggle_btn in retroarch.cfg:

input_exit_emulator_btn = "11"
    input_pause_toggle_btn = "11"

The input_exit_emulator_btn setting works great. But now when I add the pause toggle how can I specify that button 11 on the second controller should trigger the pause action?

Is there a way to specify which controllers / gamepads button 11 should be used?

Any ideas on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to have a keyboard permanently attached to my arcade box.

I am running RetroPie 4.4.1 on a RaspberryPi 3 B+. The controller cards are DragonRise Inc Generic USB.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.