Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Did something wrong and now I am locked out

• @capninja Can you please post output of cat /opt/retropie/configs/all/autostart.sh command?

• @cyperghost
    When I open the file:
    emulationstation #auto

@mitu

the last command I've tried:

sudo ./fun-facts-splashscreens.sh --enable-boot

And then... Here I am.
    The log in Fun Facts Folder (just the last 2)

2018-08-21 01:01:31 - (v2.0.0) ERROR: Unable to get the font from the 'zoid' theme files. << get_font create_fun_fact get_options --create-fun-fact
    2018-08-21 02:00:15 - (v2.0.0) Fun Facts! Splashscreen failed! << create_fun_fact_boot create_fun_fact get_options --create-fun-fact

What I've found is this on
    ····/opt/retropie/supplementary/fun-facts-splashscreens

# Enable/disable script at boot
    #
    # Boolean: true/false.
    boot_script = "true"

I Have another eror, but this error I don't know where I can found on the files. Will take a picture of it and edit on this comment later.
    And I don't know how to enable permissions as well.

I would happily reinstall any of your suggestions, but I don't know how.

@circo

try force-writing to it (in vi/vim it's w!)

Sorry, I did not understand this part

Thanks people for your time. Really

alt text

• Global Moderator

@capninja said in Did something wrong and now I am locked out:

I would happily reinstall any of your suggestions, but I don't know how.

Go to each package I mentioned - in the RetroPie-Setup script - and use the update option for it.
    EDIT: Can you run the script with the --disable-boot option to make sure it's not starting on boot ? This way you should be able to have a normal start.
    The error you're receiving is (the font file not found) is because the script tries to find a font file from the theme you're using ('zoid') and it doesn't find one.

• @mitu

Go to each package I mentioned - in the RetroPie-Setup script - and use the update option for it.
    EDIT: Can you run the script with the --disable-boot option to make sure it's not starting on boot ? This way you should be able to have a normal start.

I can't save any alteration. Permission Denied - Error code level 3 on WinSCH
    How can I override tis permission problem?

• Global Moderator

@capninja What exactly are you trying to do ? WinSCP is a file browser, it uses the pi user to access the Pi's OS and files. If a file is owned by the admin user - root - you won't be able to modify it from WinSCP directly.
    The disable command option should be executed from a command line (via SSH) with

sudo ./fun-facts-splashscreens.sh --disable-boot

• @mitu

Edit1: Now I see a world of change. Thanks for the explanation, accessed with Putty and get this message

sudo: /usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit get

By the way, tried the login and password on the SSH section
    username: pigaming
    password: retropie
    and received the access denied, then tried "pi" and "raspberry" and got my access.

Edit2: Trying your first suggestions, hee's the result:

pi@retropie:~/RetroPie-Setup $ ./retropie_setup.sh
    Script must be run under sudo from the user you want to install for. Try 's     udo /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_packages.sh'
    pi@retropie:~/RetroPie-Setup $ sudo /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_packages.shsudo: /usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set

Then I tried this approach, given by edmaul69 and the same error show up again

@cyperghost
    Re-reading your post, I guess I understand better your request. Here it is

pi@retropie:~/RetroPie-Setup $ cat /opt/retopie/configs/all/autostart.sh
    cat: /opt/retopie/configs/all/autostart.sh: No such file or directory

Did it right, right?

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

@capninja Well, you forcibly changed the files owner on - probably - the whole filesystem to the user pi and sudo doesn't work anymore (hence the error message). Here is a possible solution - https://askubuntu.com/questions/127446/how-to-fix-sudo-after-chmod-r-777-usr-bin - but fixing it requires starting the system in recovery mode (http://mapledyne.com/ideas/2015/8/4/reset-lost-admin-password-for-raspberry-pi).
    You'll probably have to also change the permissions on /etc/sudoers to 0440 and owner root:root through

chmod 0440 /etc/sudoers
    chown root:root /etc/sudoers

You'll need a keyboard to do the safe boot and permission changes, since single mode (recovery mode) boot will not start SSH or the network.

• @mitu
    What I get now:

/bin/sh: 0 can't access tty; job control turned off
    #

And strangely my wireless usb keyboard doesn't respond on Raspbery anymore (working normal on the notebook)

Edit: Thanks for all your time and dedication to my problem, I am embarassed of taking so much time from you. Gonna reinstall Retropie again and restart from scratch, maybe this will generate another thread (timid laughs), but again, thank you.

• Global Moderator

@capninja You're now dropped to a shell where you can execute commands as root. The # is the command line shell prompt. The usb keyboard problem could be because the USB drivers are not initialized in safe-mode.
    I think that the safest option is to re-install. There's too much fiddling with the CLI and it will be safer. Even if you managed to recover the sudo functionality, there's a high chance something else is broken and normal operations would not work.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.