Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

RetroPie Menu isn't displayed corretly, only the frame visible

• Hello,
    since I started yesterday RetroPie my Menu and Options aren't displayed correct anymore.
    I can scroll up/down an the framing slightly changes, so i guess it didn't freeze. Just the menu is display awkward. Also when i add a game to the favorites the info isn't display in a correct font.

Maybe somebody knows what's wrong/how to fix it. Thanks
    favorite.jpg
    menu.jpg

• Global Moderator

Looks like a failed update or improper installation of Emulationstation - can you please add more info about your system: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first.

• EmulationStation, Version 2.7.6rp, built Jul 11 2018 - 17:57:30
    Controller: Speedlink Torid
    Raspberry 3B+ with Kernel:
    4.14.79-v7+ #1159 SMP Sun Nov 4 17:50:20 GMT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

I'm sure the menu was a few days ago correctly display.
    With the add favorite dialog I'm not sure. I just discovered this function recently.

Is there a way repair the install?
    I already did a manual update via the retropie_setup.sh script

• Global Moderator

@h2oo What image did you use to install the RetroPie system ?
    You can try and re-install the Emulationstation package, but it looks like insufficient VRAM allocated - can you also provide a logfile from Emulationstation - /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_log.txt.

• Hmm, i guess it "cured" itself.

I just ran again the retropie_setup.sh script and used the update function, but now I shut down the Pi and disconnected power for a few seconds.

Now the font is displayed correctly and the menu is again visible.
    Could it be that just some file was corrupted? Hmm....

Thanks to everybody

• Global Moderator

The problem might manifest itself after you're playing around in Emulationstation, but without a log or an actual error message/hint, it's just an assumption.

• for the future i now know the es_log.txt file could be interesting to have a look at first. Thanks

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.