Skyscraper and rom names
Pi 3 Model B+
Pi 2.5 amp power suppply
SanDisk 64GB SD card
RetroPie 4.4 with most recent updates
With the integral scraper being down I decided have a go with Skyscraper. It took a little while to work it out but I have found it great for scraping a lot of roms and the results are generally fantastic. I have also found out how to import my own screenshot, cover art, etc.
However, I am having an issue with rom names.
Hopefully I can get his across to everyone in the is post, and I'll use the example of 180 on the ZX Spectrum.
My .tzx image of 180 is in the standard locaton for a spectrum rom, and is called "180 (1986)(Mastertronic).tzx". If I ran this rom it would create an entry in the gamelist.xml simply called "180 (1986)(Mastertronic", this would be in the <name> field
I want the rom to be named in the gamelist as simply "180", so that when I am choosing a game to play it is displayed as "180". The quickest way I could do this is simply to rename the rom to "180" the gamelist would then use this name. The other quick way would be to manually edit the gamelist.xml and change the name to "180".
Neither of these ways is quick if a lot of roms are involved and the problem with the second way is that when I use Skyscraper it will simply overwrite these manual edits.
What I can't work out is why Skyscraper is not using the 180 . When I check the db.xml file in the cache it is showing the following (this is from an example when I tried to import the title via the textual import): -
<resource sha1="5365245a74c96c3bca3fe8e71a4b20f7e815edc2" type="title" source="screenscraper" timestamp="1549904006169">180</resource>
I have also tried importing the name using the textual import.
All of the other fields on the textual import are working fine, I just can't get the name/title to change, it is like the gamelist.xml <name> field and the Skyscraprer <title> are two seperate things
https://pastebin.com/xEzJRBee - this is a link to gamelist.xml that was generated using Skyscraper, the third line is the one I am trying to change.
https://pastebin.com/bgZ6pAgK - here is my textual import file, the second line is the title I want to use.
Anyone have any suggestions of what I might be doing wrong?
@tuki_cat Have you tried used the
--nobracketsoptions in running Skyscraper ? How is the name of the game on the scraper source site (Screenscraper ? TheGamesDB ?) ?
As far as I can see gamesdb and screenscraper are returning a name of “180”, World of Spectrum is also returning 180.
I’ll try the no brackets option later.
@tuki_cat Make sure also you don't use the
--forcefilenamein the command line or in the configuration file.
@mitu I checked the config.ini (I hadn't made any changes to this ).
The file had all options commented out, but I removed the # for the forceFilename and set it to "false". I then created them gamelist but this did nothing.
I then returned to the config.ini removed the # from brackets and set it to "false".
I then created the gamelist and now it works fine!
Thanks for your help.
Lolonois last edited by Lolonois
From a cursory look two possible solutions:
- Make sure your
priorities.xmlfile for the folder/system ZX Spectrum does use
- For manual import you need a template (definitions.dat) with all
###TITLE###) and a actual XML-snippet with the concrete values. The only differences between the template and the XML-snippet must be the the
###xy###strings and the concrete values. Keep withspaces, no reordering, nothing. And -but I guess you did- the file to be imported must be named like the romfilename but without extension.
PS: Good to see you solved it just before my reply. :-)
- Make sure your