Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

SDL2 and OpenMSX

• RetroPie 4.4.11
    RPI 3B+
    Relevant updates

I called openmsx from commandline to this error
    ./openmsx: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2_ttf-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How do I install libSDL2_ttf? What other problems do I face that the libraries are not found? What happened to them?

• @Efriim

Use the terminal in desktop or Command line screen and type:

sudo apt-get install libsdl2-ttf-dev

This should install the missing libsdl2 package into your RetroPie system. Normally the scriptmodule should install the missing dependencies if needed.

• @tpo1990
    Yeah, Thank you a lot.

I don't know what happened to them. I know I spent a long time trying to get the bios to work before I realized this, and it works now.

• Global Moderator

@Efriim said in SDL2 and OpenMSX:

How do I install libSDL2_ttf? What other problems do I face that the libraries are not found? What happened to them?

The libsdl-ttf2.0 package is installed automatically as a dependency for OpenMSX . You probably removed manually, outside of the RetroPie-Setup script.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.