Scrapping emulation station Windows 10 alternative method
I have the following setup:
- Portable Game Station Version 1.5.0
- Updated emulationsation on top V2.0-opr-dev
- Updated Retroarch 1.7.6 on top
I would like to scrap games info and images for my library but the built in scrapper on emulation station is very slow and freezes after a period of time. At this rate it would take weeks with the stopping and starting.
What I have done to try and fix:
- I tired https://www.skraper.net/ but it does not appear to support emulation station on windows 10. Tried hacking my way through the generic option in the wizard with no luck.
- I looked into https://github.com/sselph/scraper/releases but this is down as it does not run the new thegamesdb API
- Tried Universal XML Scraper but looks like its not supported and they advice to use skraper.net/
Does anyone know of any program/method I can use to scrap for emulation station on windows10 ?
Skraper supports fine the gamelist.xml used by Emulationstation. I'd say you should give it another try for scraping.
EDIT: There's also ARRM - http://jujuvincebros.fr/telechargements2/file/10-arrm-another-recalbox-roms-manager.
@mitu Thanks for your reply.
I gave skraper anther crack and its working now. Don't know why it didn't work before.
I am also giving ARRM a crack, in your opinion what which do you think is better ?
@alex_o0 I only used Skraper, so I can'tcompare them. I think ARRM can scrape from multiple sources, so it may be better for some systems.
ClassicGMR last edited by
I love the search function.
Just wanted to say this helped me get my Windows 10 build scraped! Thank you! 🥂