Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

[SOLVED] Audio issues when changing video preview in emulationstation (crackling/popping)

• Hello,

I’m in retropie 4.5.1, and when i change game in the menu of emulationstation, the sound is crackling /popping sometime.

It can be reproduce, by opening a console and come back to main menu lots of time.

Anybody got the same issue ?

Regards

• Global Moderator

Please add more info about your system - https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first.

• Thanks for your quick reply.

Here is the details :

Pi Model or other hardware: 3B+
    Power Supply used: official power supply
    RetroPie Version Used : 4.5.1
    Built From: Pre made SD Image on RetroPie website
    USB Devices connected: nothing
    Error messages received: nothing
    Log found in /dev/shm/runcommand.log (if relevant): nothing relevant
    How to replicate the problem : Go to main menu of Retropie, open a console, then the video preview will appear and the sound will start, back to the menue of retropie. Do that in loop, and you shoud hear some crackling/popping noise.

• I have a old version of retropie on another sd card, i’ll try to see if it’s the same.

If it’s working. I’ll maybe try a firmware downgrade to the version just before.

• Wrong troubleshooting, it was the same before upgrading RetroPie. (But it’s less hearable in version 3.x)

So it’s not related with the RetroPie upgrade.

If anybody got a solution.

It can also clearly heard when switching quickly the video of screensaver.

I’ve try to modify some audio option in emulation station but it didn’t solved.

• Hello

Issue is solved

It was a problem with my amp.

We can close the issue.

Regards

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.