SO CLOSE! Dragonrise Arcade Sticks and Button Sets - joystick on a player reverses
Thanks for the reply,
I read one post where someone just rewired the controls.
Do you have a reference for how you wired them up? Maybe a picture or a post? If it's p2, it would be used less frequently and I guess if I wanted to set up players 3 and 4 it would have to be in a similar fashion.
I'm trying to wrap my head around rewiring the joystick and setting it up in retropie. Thanks for the assistance, I appreciate it.
Think I've found somewhat of a solution. maybe. I will try this, I haven't edited this file. Will let you guys know!
This did not work lol. Next?
anasazi29 last edited by
Ok, I have seen many post regarding the Dragonrise zero delay controllers and using them with Retropie. They do work, but with some very specific things.
- Buttons A, B, X, Y have to be connected to K1, K2, K3, K4. If you do not, then you will having trouble mapping them appropriately through Retropie for 2 controllers.
- If you are using 2 Dragonrise controllers, both controllers must be wired EXACTLY the same. If you map all 10 buttons, then all 10 buttons must be wired to the same location on each USB encoder.
Example: if K1 is A, then the wire from K1 to the position of the A button must be the same on Player 1 and player 2.
- Start and Select should be using the designated ST labeled on the USB encoder as Start and SE labeled on the USB encoder for Select. Hopefully that is straight forward understanding.
- I typically use L1, R1, L2 and R2 as the other 4 buttons, however I have used K11 and K12 for different button functions and they work too.
- AU = Up on the joystick, AD = down, AR = Right and AL = Left. Make sure these are exactly the same on both controllers.
I have bought 4 sets of these for several projects and all of them work as long as I make sure that both Player one’s joystick and buttons are IDENTICAL to the players 2 USB encoder.
I do not use Mode, Turbo, CLR or Auto for any of the 10 buttons.
@anasazi29 thanks for the details, I appreciate it. I'll give this a try when I get home.
So one difference is I have the 5 pin connector setup for the joystick. I'm going to check to make sure these are in correctly.
Nope that didn't work, checked the wiring, all is the same. However I have a single connector for my controls. Am I screwed?
Alright everyone, I have officially figured it out. and unless otherwise, my problem was that i installed the p2 joystick backwards. So naturally up was down etc, and when I changed the controls it confused the config files. I will make this solved. Sorry about the commotion!
pizzapie last edited by
Ok so I had the exact same problem : using two dragonrise controllers, mapped correctly but when launching a game, one of the controllers joystick got reversed.
I tried everything (quirks hack, etc). The most important thing with dragonrise controllers is : they must be plugged EXACTLY the same way for both players.
It was still not working and then I checked and :
Alright everyone, I have officially figured it out. and unless otherwise, my problem was that i installed the p2 joystick backwards.
That was it, I mounted one of the sticks backward, thinking I would map it later, but you can't map it differently (between P1 & P2) with dragonrise controllers !
I then simply reversed the stick (physically) and it worked !
I hope it'll help other people with those controllers :)
bodtx last edited by
@lonestarbarf Wo so cool guys you saved many hours to me!
My daughter will be able to play this week end, thx so much.
once joystick physically reversed it works.