Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Analog Input Help

• From what I have read about input configs it seems like setting up analog control should not be too difficult.

I have just one joypad hooked up as js0 which is an Xbox 360 wireless.

I ran jstest /dev/input/js0 and confirmed that the left stick x/y is analog axes 0 and 1, and the right stick is axes 2 and 3.

Within a particular game's cfg file (roms/arcade/spyhunt.zip.cfg) I have what I think should be the analog bindings enabled. (from reading the default retroarch.cfg)

input_player1_l_x_plus = +0
    input_player1_l_x_minus = -0
    input_player1_l_y_plus = -1
    input_player1_l_y_minus = +1

I am using AdvMame to emulate this rom and trying to use the in-game menus to bind an analog axis to the pedal and steering wheel. But thus far I have never been able to get it to detect analog input.

I was pursuing some other solutions previously that involved the use of xboxdrv but it seems like if I have a joystick that is already correctly sending analog info I should just be able to bind that without too much complexity.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.