Retropie 3 B. Daphne Won't Play Games. Black Screen after parsing Video.
Daphe Emulator won't play games. Right now I'm working on getting Cobra Command to work. I feel like I'm so close but not sure why it won't play. I have downloaded the cobra.txt, cobra.m2v, cc-frame53930_to_end.m2v, and cobra.ogg files, put them in a folder named cobra.daphne. I put the cobra.daphne file in the roms/daphne folder. In the roms/daphne/roms folder, I have cobra.zip. I'm not for certain all the files that are necessary are in their but it doesn't complain about any missing files. (contains a bunch of au0# files). When I load it I get a "This games emulation has known issues" and I hit a button. It goes back to the RetroPie Menu. I tried deleting the .dat files in the cobra.daphe folder and when I do that, it will actually parse the video files creating new .dat files. The video will play for a split second and go black. After that I try to load the game again and the screen stays black forever with no audio. What am I missing?
Please add more info about your setup, as detailed in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first.
A log file (
/dev/shm/runcommand.log) from the emulator should provide more info about the problem - can you get its contents and post it in the topic ?
I have put a photo of my runcommand.log.
Pi Model or other hardware: 3 B+
RetroPie Version Used:4.5.12
Built From: Pre made SD Image on RetroPie website
USB Devices connected: 128 GB Flash Drive, USB Keyboard,
Controller used: Arcade Buttons and 2 joysticks
Error messages received: "Error! write to main rom at ffff"
I was able to get Cobra Command run on my PC so I know that the files aren't corrupt but I can't get it to work on my raspberry pi. I am at a loss.
ULTRA-MAGNUSS last edited by
@ULTRA-MAGNUSS I found a solution to Cobra Command on my own. Use cobram3.zip as your rom. cobra.zip and cobraab doesn't seem to work. Create a cobram3.daphne folder with the frame file, video files, and sound file in the daphe folder. If you already have .dat files in your cobram3.daphne folder, delete just the .dat files. Once you try to run the game it should parse your video and then should be ready to play. I'm so happy I got it working. Now I gotta figure out how to remap the controls.