Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

Arcade on wheels..

• Hello Retropeeps,

Just wanted to show off my project...still working on it... but I got most of the Arcade games working after a lot of reading for all the screen resolution adjustments.

Horizontal and Vertical games.

60 inch Tv 4k
    Ergotron Neo-Flex Ultra Heavy Duty Mobile MediaCenter Stand
    Adjustable mobile Tv stand with manual horizontal and vertical adjustment.
    Raspberry with Retropie
    USB Bluetooth adaptor
    2 PS3 Wireless Controllers
    PS4 Pro 4K
    Apple Tv
    Cinemate GS2 Bose Speakers

Share your project and some ideas.

• administrators

All you need is a giant arcade cab on wheels and your life will be complete

• @herb_fargus lol, I like the wireless remotes.

• Great idea and build. In addition, you could cover it with a one-sided mirror so it looks like a hall mirror when it's turned off. :)

• @und3r6r0und Very cool- I know I’ve played a game too much if I can recognise it from just the boot up! Game on sir:)

• Looking very nice.

Are you rotating the monitor for the horizontal games? or did you adjust the resolution to fit on the vertical screen? I wasn't sure if the stand had an easy rotation option to flip back and forth.

Second question; how stable is that wheel base for you? It looks rather close, but I do see you have tile floors so pushing on carpet may not be an issue. I always worry about things toppling.

• @lurker said in Arcade on wheels..:

Looking very nice.

Are you rotating the monitor for the horizontal games? or did you adjust the resolution to fit on the vertical screen? I wasn't sure if the stand had an easy rotation option to flip back and forth.

Second question; how stable is that wheel base for you? It looks rather close, but I do see you have tile floors so pushing on carpet may not be an issue. I always worry about things toppling.

Yes I rotate the TV manually. it's super easy to rotate.

Yes, I adjusted the games to either run vertical or horizontal, depending on how they were design. I have a game.zip.cfg for each game so they can run automatically horizontal or vertical, I also keep them separated by creating 2 different folders.

The base is a Ergotron Neo-Flex Ultra Heavy Duty Mobile MediaCenter Stand, very strong with great wheels. I usually take it out to the drive way at night and play games out there. =)

I hope this answer your questions.

• @clyde said in Arcade on wheels..:

Great idea and build. In addition, you could cover it with a one-sided mirror so it looks like a hall mirror when it's turned off. :)

That would look very nice, but I don't know if I can deal with all the glare it will produce.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.