Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

moonlight: request for comments and testing

• Update

So, irtimmer reconsidered and restored the moonlight repository now. He won't be doing major changes himself and instead he encourages others to contribute fixes and enhancements. This is good news for moonlight embedded as the project (for the moment) won't be strictly dead.

Recently, a github user fixed the initial rumble implementation and should be working now! I haven't tested it myself yet, but if you give it a try and report, that would be nice. Rumble works automatically, just launch a game that supports rumble and you should get your controller vibrating via moonlight.

• @hhromic said in moonlight: request for comments and testing:

Update

Recently, a github user fixed the initial rumble implementation and should be working now! I haven't tested it myself yet, but if you give it a try and report, that would be nice. Rumble works automatically, just launch a game that supports rumble and you should get your controller vibrating via moonlight.

Great news ! I'll try to test this when I'm in the mood for potentially breaking my functioning setup (which won't be for a few days at least :D )

In my craziest dreams moonlight supports impulse triggers on Xbox One controllers, but seeing as it's not officially supported in windows (while being a Microsoft API...), it'll most probably always stay a dream.

• @hhromic recently i wiped my raspi and tried install moonlight again but it seems the scrpit is isnt works any more. it says no moonlight packages for rp3 or something. can u check it? it was a wonderfull thing for me... thanks!

edit:i uploaded image

• @llamadestroyer hi !
    The moonlight scriptmodule is now merged officially in RetroPie. Therefore, you should not try to patch it from my branch anymore (the branch doesn't even exist now). I realised that I forgot to update the OP with this piece of information so I apologise for the confusion caused!

So to install Moonlight, you should just make sure that you are using the latest RetroPie Setup script and then you should find Moonlight under the Experimental modules.

Let me know if you still can't find it!

• @hhromic it works again. thanks so much!

• @llamadestroyer glad you sorted it !

Recently Moonlight gained basic rumble support, so feel free to test and report any issues.
    Good luck!

• @hhromic how can i say, i literally feel that rumble thing in my hands. this is so awesome man. im a student i cant afford a xbox one or ps4 but i had so much better now thanks to you!

• @llamadestroyer said in moonlight: request for comments and testing:

@hhromic how can i say, i literally feel that rumble thing in my hands. this is so awesome man. im a student i cant afford a xbox one or ps4 but i had so much better now thanks to you!

Thanks! But I'm not the author of the rumble fix, just the scriptmodule in RetroPie :) However I will pass your comment to the author! Glad you are enjoying Moonlight.

• Update

Moonlight learned a new parameter upstream: viewonly

https://github.com/irtimmer/moonlight-embedded/pull/764

This PR adds a new option to enable a "view-only" mode, that is, for Moonlight embedded to not send any input back to the host computer and just act as a remote viewer.

This feature is specially useful in conjunction with VirtualHere.

To use it, simply add viewonly = true to any of your configuration files.

• Hey guys, realize its been a while since changes were made to this. But, noticed that:
    -when I run games launched from moonlight lately, its no longer is detecting when the game closes
    -I can no longer launch steam from moonlight
    I'm wondering if steam or nvidia launched an update that is making this not work the same way.

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.