I wonder if it has something to do with GFE version because you're having to use "-unsupported". Do you have the newest version of the GeForce Experience installed on your Windows PC?
Also, you might have just typed it wrong in the post but "-localaudio" is just one word without spaces. I remember one time I was having trouble with resolutions and I discovered I was spelling "width" wrong.
Another thing you can try is putting the "-width 720 -height 480" before the "-unsupported" in that command. If you could get it working without "-unsupported" by updating GFE, that would probably be better.
Last, you might also experiment with the refresh rates by adding either "-fps 60" or "-fps 30". What refresh rate is your Windows PC when you manually set it to 720x480? That would be the refresh rate you should try first.
I updated steam-link with the experimental packages. Before, I added the PR from @psyke83 in scriptmodules/ports/steamlink.sh.
Now, I was able to play the dolphin-emulator mith my xbox-360 controller:
I opened steam on the host-pc
I started steam-link in retropie
I switched on Settings/Streaming/Advanced Options/Start Streaming desktop and then I started
Now I was able to configure the controls within dolphin. I also made a combined hotkey to exit dolphin (In my case the Start and SELECT Button). Switched off Confirm On Stop and Render To Main Window on within the dolphin-emulator
Switched off Settings/Streaming/Advanced Options/Start Streaming desktop
Restarted steam-link and it worked
I also installed steam-devices on the Raspberry Pi too, but I don't know if it makes any differences. If I want to play a game with a keyboard, I have to plug off the controller before starting steam-link.
@hhromic Thanks for all of the continued effort on this project! It's really been awesome to see it continued to be worked on, and really makes it simple to set up game streaming!
Random question for you -- I'm fairly confident it's an upstream moonlight issue, but figured you'd might have some insight. I've recently added some XBOX Game Pass games to be streamed via moonlight. I did this by creating a Desktop shortcut to the game, and then manually adding that to GFE under the Shield tab. This part works great!
What doesn't work great though, is that it doesn't then force a resolution change on my PC (I'm running 21:9 1440p natively) to 1080p (like steam games / autodetected games do), resulting in a letterboxed experience, even if I set the in game resolution to 1080p.
@edmaul69 actually i ruled that possibility out, but it seems your guess was partly correct. My RPi2 only need 2A, but i forgot that DAC+ sitting on the PI. So when i removed it i no longer had the issue of ghost input. So thanks for that! I still have some controller issues regarding moonlight, but this is maybe the wrong place to solve them.
Thank you again
Here is the information for my wireless Xbox 360 controller. Warning: my d-pad settings are not correct and I've been meaning to fix this but I'm too lazy to do it right now!. They differ a little depending if you're using the Xpad driver or the Xboxdrv driver.
I just created the script to make things easier to install and setup Moonlight-Embedded. I have just updated this script today BTW to include a new menu based structure for an even easier solution. In regards to the controller mapping, this is now all stored in a txt file within the Moonlight program. It's called gamecontrollerdb.txt and contains the mapping for over 100 different gamepads. Here's what I could see in that file: