Please do not post a support request without first reading and following the advice in https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3/read-this-first

2 displays, HDMI for RetroPie gampley and 3.5inch LCD running cover art slideshow simultaneously ?

• Recently built a retro console using the Raspberry Pi 3B+ and RetroPie software and all works fine.

I run the main display (TV) via HDMI but what I would like to achieve is to run a second display at the sametime on a 3.5" LCD (which connects directly to the Pi Board). I would like the LCD to display a picture slideshow of random game box art automatically after the pi starts and to continue during gameplay use

Not sure if even possible but any advice or help appreciated

• Global Moderator

You can connect a second display only over the GPIO - something similar to this setup should get your 2 independent displays - one for normal gaming via HDMI and a 2nd one over the connected over SPI (GPIO pins).
    The 2nd display can be used for showing the images (via fbi) or even videos (via omxplayer).

Contributions to the project are always appreciated, so if you would like to support us with a donation you can do so here.

Hosting provided by Mythic-Beasts. See the Hosting Information page for more information.