@fentimanj hi! Let's continue the discussion here as I just posted on Amiberry's github. First of all I need to ensure you've read the "main" thread about Amiga and Amiberry (here). Then I'd need more inputs about your setup. For instance, which Retropie version you're using, have you updated the OS packages and/or Amiberry, etc? A full description about your setup always help as said in that post ;-)
If you got Amiberry logo and WHDload Autobooter screens this is not good. Especially for a game like Lotus 2 which has been heavily tested. Therefore I suspect you either do not have the very latest version of the WHD package of that game (should be Lotus2_v1.11_0497.lha as of typing) or you renamed the file. If you did the latter please don't and leave the name as-is.
Without further details from your setup I can't help much. Just ensure to get the latest Amiberry binary from Retropie Setup (or compile from source), check the names of your packages/.lha files and also double-check the Kickstart ROMs you got. They must match those listed here.
copy the default RA-controller-config to another place of your choice (i.e.: "/home/AMIBERRY Inputs/")
edit the button-mapping as you like in this copied file
go to "paths", navigate the "inputs"-path to your new one.
click on the button "rescan paths"
There you go, the inputs are now as you like to have them global for all games ;)
I'd like to thank you for your effort in producing this guide and tool. I successfully managed to configure RetroPIe/Emulation/RetroArch/PR-UAE to run the converted LHA files. However, I have noticed a bizarre bug/issue and found a workaround for it which I will detail below:
I have two laptops of similar specification. This is the process I followed:
Clean install of Kubuntu
Install RetroPie, basic installation and PR-UAE from optional packagaes
Copy kickstart bios roms to RetroPie/BIOS folder
Copy LHA files to /RetroPie/roms/amiga folder
Followed the above guide and used the script to convert LHA files
Ran a few games to test
This process worked perfectly on one laptop, so I decided to try on another, however, when I tried to run some games from retropie/emulationstation, the games would not load ( I tried the same games that I played on the previous laptop), and I was taken back to the amiga games list in emulation station.
I looked in the /dev/shm/runcommand.log but did not see anything different to the logs on the first laptop.
I thought that maybe the PR-UAE installation/configuration was the issue so decided to test with an ADF file and the game loaded confirming that PR-UAE worked.
Out of curiosity I tried another converted LHA and to my surprise it loaded successfully.
I tried another converted LHA file but it didn't work.
I loaded the same ADF again successfully, then tried the converted LHA from the previous step and it loaded.
So for some reason on this laptop, in order to successfully load a converted LHA, I must first load an ADF - this is tedious for 60+ games, but once the LHA has loaded once, it will load again without having to run an ADF first.
Anyway, this was my experience. I have no idea why this happened, but I thought I would share just in case other people would benefit from it.
Actually, scratch that. I see now the game is still running fast, no matter what. I have suggested myself by the fact that it actually is still quite playable and some minigames (hospital, top down ants) look normal. The rest, I thought maybe it's down to my NTSC TV. But after comparing it with a cycle-exact version on my PC it's definitely a bit faster.
So I've spent the whole evening yesterday trying to sort it out, to no avail. I've also remembered discussions about this subject here over a year ago: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/post/105234
Basically it boils down to RPi's Amiga emus lacking the cycle exact option. Some games require it, especially in WHDLoad versions. Barbarian is another good example. The "solution" was to run adfs of these games instead, but for ICFTD it does not work either. Bummer.