Great, glad it's working.
I removed the vc4 workaround stuff since it's not needed, and changed the init_delay to use seconds rather than milliseconds, since it's totally more useful with seconds (if people use video splashscreens).
The installer script was also updated to have a brand new file/directory selector for the initial song and music directory options, making them actually usable without having to pull out the keyboard.
Change Music Dir
Also fixed an issue with spaces in file paths and fixed some smaller niggling things (stopping used to spit out "Terminated blah blah...").
The only thing I'm planning at the moment is to maybe dynamically come up with some nice volume step values based off of fade_duration and max_volume to make just that little more "user-friendly" and remove that config option.
That's ok mitu. I would be willing to run a .bat file in the background if need be. I tried doing it myself and I was successful getting music to load up before the main screen finishes loading up on EmulationStation, as well as when you exit out of a game and go back to the menu. The problem I'm having is getting just one splashscreen to randomly load up/play before the loading screen and stopping/closing the media player that displays it.
The code for my splashtest.bat is the following:
REM Your splashscreens file path:
start "" --play and exit "C:\Program Files (x86)\VLC\vlc.exe" -L "C:\Users\Username\Music\Playlists\Splashscreens.wpl"
REM Kill your media player:
C:\Program Files (x86)\VLC\vlc.exe /F
REM Run the frontend (EmulationStation example):
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\EmulationStation\emulationstation.exe"
REM Run the media player (WMPlayer example):
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" -L "C:\Users\Username\Music\Playlists\EmulationStation.wpl"
If anyone here has ideas on any mistakes you can see or a better way of executing this, please let me know. A big thank you goes out to those who can provide these answers :-D.
I think Ubuntu wouldn't allow it since it was a 'hidden' folder.
First time I hear this kind of - obviously wrong - explanation. Check the permissions on the folder and make sure your $USER owns the folder where the scripts are saved. You don't need to use sudo to edit something that's in your home folder.
Could also been something I mucked up; since I installed using net-inst, I checked the permissions and they looked fine.
Solved: The issue lies on the Sample rate of the Mp3 file. It seems that Pygame is not able to correctly play anything that's not on 44100Hz Rate, so I Resampled the mp3s that were not on that rate using Audacity
I click a game, the video loading screen kicks in and the music fades out.
Black screen appears to load the game, but the music kicks in for 1 second and fades out, then the game loads.
is there a fix for this. Thank you
I know, I know, you have probably solved this or not interested on it anymore, but for whomever needs it, I had this issue too, I solved it by adding the following lines at the end of the runcommands scripts: runcommand-onend.sh
Thank you @zerojay ! This is tremendous. Very easy to install, and after a minor issue with the vgm directory permissions, was able to get everything up and running....kind of.
Few issues below. Any help would be much appreciated. *Update Recreating the autostart.sh file fixed issues 1 and 2.
Both the playmusic.sh and generatem3u.sh scripts are running without issue, but music will not start automatically after boot.
I can start it by running the playmusic.sh script from the command line (or via ssh), but it only plays through HDMI port. I don't see anyplace in the vgmplay config file to point it to the Headphone output on RPI4.
The playlist does not loop. Playback terminates after reaching the last item in the m3u file.
Hi. A small suggestion about Synack method: as someone mentionned, if you have a splash video it delays the startup of emulationstation, because emulationstation waits for the commands in autostart to execute instead of loading.
A simple way to fix that is to launch the whole set of instructions in the backgroung (instead of mpg123 only). The only thing to do is to add parentheses: