I just found out about this while installing retroarch on my tablet, super impressed with it, i really hope this will be included into retropie sometime soon.
Thanks for the instructions of adding it ourselves.
Don't you just hate when you have had a problem for days and you finally ask for help, you happen to figure it out? I guess it's cause at that point you abandoned your train of thought.
Anyways for anyone else trying to get the analog features working for farious SEGA games and rebind them for your flightstick or steering wheel I've made a little chart so you can add the rebinds manually
Find your games keybindings file, as example i'll use Afterburner II on the MegaDrive. which can be found at: "/opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/Genesis Plus GX/"
In my case with filename "After Burner II (USA, Europe).rmp"
Open it in notepad and adjust your keys, here is an example of the default buttons, with the A,B,X,Y buttons added, and the vertical throttle removed.
I've also made a little picture you can use as reference, you'll find that under the code, it has all the numbers you need to use.
That's all, have fun setting up your flightsticks and racewheels on a 16bit console.
#Device ID for XE-1AP:
input_libretro_device_p1 = "773"
#Start and Select
input_player1_btn_select = "2"
input_player1_btn_start = "3"
#A,B,X,Y = East,South,North,West
input_player1_btn_a = "11"
input_player1_btn_b = "13"
input_player1_btn_x = "10"
input_player1_btn_y = "12"
#D-Pad is unused so lets add Select and Start to it incase your flightstick doesnt have enough buttons
input_player1_btn_up = "-1"
input_player1_btn_down = "-1"
input_player1_btn_left = "2"
input_player1_btn_right = "3"
input_player1_stk_l_x+ = "16"
input_player1_stk_l_x- = "17"
input_player1_stk_l_y+ = "18"
input_player1_stk_l_y- = "19"
#Right joystick (Throttle)
input_player1_stk_r_x+ = "-1"
input_player1_stk_r_x- = "-1"
input_player1_stk_r_y+ = "21"
input_player1_stk_r_y- = "20"
#Left Shoulder buttons
input_player1_btn_l = "10"
input_player1_btn_l2 = "12"
#Right Shoulder buttons
input_player1_btn_r = "11"
input_player1_btn_r2 = "13"
#No idea what E1 and E2 buttons are for, but lets add them to the thumbstick buttons (R3, L3).
input_player1_btn_l3 = "1"
input_player1_btn_r3 = "0"
Try disabling threaded rendering in retroarch.
Launch run-command, make sure there are no setting that look awry, perhaps resolution; launch with verbose mode enabled, and try to get the log from /dev/shm/ posted to pastebin here.
Thanks - but I don't think it's a Dolphinbar specific issue. I can get it to crash with just a plain old keyboard/mouse switch too.
Doing a bit of debugging work I have found if I comment out this bit of code on line 2489 of libretro.c it no longer crashes. You lose the crosshairs obviously but otherwise it works fine, so it seems that something in the crosshair generating code is related to the crash. At least now I've got an idea of where the crash is originating from, I'll see if I can debug further and once I've got some better idea of the root cause I can post the issue to the core's github repo for further discussion.
Lines 2487 - 2490 on libretro.c
if (input.system == SYSTEM_LIGHTPHASER)
//draw_cursor(input.analog, input.analog, 0x001f);