@colombia20102018 Well, I never told you to overwrite anything, but to add said lines to the end of the config file. A video wouldn't help much more if you don't follow it exactly either, and you don't have to know anything about scripts just to add two lines at their end (besides that the config file isn't a script anyway).
Follow instructions exactly as given, lest you stand in your own way on the path to success.
This only as a friendly word of advice for the future – imagine the sentence in bold print shouted in an overacting, dramatic voice like in bad movies. 😉
I'm glad that it's working for you now. Have fun with RetroPie!
I went through and cleaned up some of my rom folders and deleted all game lists and downloaded images on my PI. ES scraped ones and sselphs. I ended up running sselphs and turned out pretty good. 1 snes was hack-link which I expected, zelda parallel worlds. Which from maybe my reddit post, hack-link is the default screenscrapper image when it can't find a image. Another system, forgetting now, had maybe 10. That one has good videos and images but the name was hack-link. Switched it and was good. Nes did have a good amount but did actually download correct images and video. I noticed that most were showing correct info but in the game list the <name> was hack-link. Changed it and was good, it was just the name display that was wrong for most.
The ones left that didn't work and were fill the the psp hack-link name and info looked to be duplicates /versioned copies of a game. For instance super mario, super mario [a1], super mario [a2]. That might not be an exact example but a similar scenario. As I find them I'll fix them manually.
@cyperghost Actually I only ask for a video once for every game, since there was already a condition that's checking if the video path exists. And it does right after it downloads the video for the first rom / version of the game. Then for the others versions, it just add a line with the path to the xml instead of downloading and converting the video again. So I guess it's speeding up the process and limits bandwidth usage too, right?
I didn't have to change anything there as it was in favour of my changes.
I tried to make as little changes as possible, since there are things I still don't get in the script.
But also doing it your way, I would have had to use regex and I didn't want to (I forgot how to write regex).
@detron@cyperghost I was just trying to be funny, it's ok if it doesn't get any attention. I know there are very few people who want full sets AND video previews too, if it helps those people, that's good enough. But I still think this is an improvement from the original script, it shouldn't be downloading a video that already exists but with a different name.
@hurricanefan I don't think so, I believe they are just empty files. Retropie uses svm to launch games and recallbox uses scummvm files. The point is, when I tried to scrape them, only the scummvm files where linked to the games.
Oh, forgot to mention that you either have to rename your files to scummvm, scrape, rename them back to svm. Or edit your gamelist.xml afterwards.