The log shows your GPU has accelerated OpenGL working, so I'm not sure why EmulationStation doesn't work - the ES log doesn't show any OpenGL detected. Are you running EmulationStation from the desktop environment or from the text console ?
Sorry for the spelling mistakes but I cannot edit the post anymore (Askimet spam mark).
Pi Model or other hardware: Pi4 2gb
RetroPie Version Used: 4.6.7
Built From: NO BUILD (I added the roms by myself from buid by Ghostware and Damaso and some form CDROM site)
Error masseg: GDD_ERR_TOUT (and other hangout and crashes)
Controller Used: Esperanza wireless Gladiator GamePad (with USB dongle)
Guide used: no giude, installed redream form binary in retropie
USB Devices connected: wirless airmouse with keyboard (I cannot fins the model name, but its quite old), wireless second gamepad (TY-G103D) with dongle (but the pad is switched off)
I remember seeing a fix for 1. in RetroArch's repository, but don't remember seeing 2. There's a similar issue for 2., that was fixed after 1.8.9, but it looks like it happens with the new graphical widgets.
Vagrant Story has a bug with lr-pcsx_rearmed in that the game won't recognize its own save file checksums sometimes and it won't let you save the contents of your Container, losing anything you have put into it. You can still save your game progress though. I recommend Save States, but sometimes it will crash when you go to save state...
I went into the Retropie Setup menu and selected "Update". This updates the Retropie system to the latest version. During the installation it asked 2 times if I wanted to replace some configuration files. I did choose "install the package maintainer's version" : So that replaces the currently installed configuration file.
This is the reason that only the official install is supported here. Whatever the update replaced configuration file wise was at fault it would seem.
Always better to start with the original and best 😉
I have a Retro-bit Atari 2600 dual joystick adapter. It works fine for other emulators like 2600 and MAME, but if it is plugged in to any usb port while launching lr-atari800, the emulator crashes.
It is necessary to unplug the adapter, launch the game with the keyboard, then plug the adapter back in and wait for it to be recognized in game. I don't anticipate there is anything I can do on my end to fix this, but maybe this information may be helpful if users with other incompatible hardware experience the same crashes.
"May 03 12:11:25 lvl3: UIModeController::logInput( Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (XBOX) ):Button 0, isMappedTo= a, , value=1
May 03 12:11:25 lvl2: req sound [video.launch]
May 03 12:11:25 lvl2: (missing)
May 03 12:11:26 lvl2: Attempting to launch game...
So no errors.....
But I have managed to find a fix.
I'm also using the gtx970 as my sound card. if I disable this retropie works fine.
Guess this will just be one of these really odd bugs that only effects me :)
(It didn't solve the weird sound error notification, but hey if it works it works!)
I think that sound/alsa error comes from EmulationStation, not fro the emulator. Use the EmulationStation menu and play with the Sound settings - Audio Card/Device are the ones that produce this error. Most likely you can change the Audio Card from Default to something else and the error will go away.
To update, it looks like everything is working after disabling the favorites and last played menus. I also updated what I could to the latest; there was a conflict on setup script so that wouldn't go without massaging. I still feel like the underlying problem is still there and would come back if I re-enable, but I'm not going to pursue farther.