You've already enabled OMX player, right? First guess then would be the videos have downloaded, but are in another format like yuv444p while they need to be in yuv420p (or at least that is one that is known to work.) If so, there's a simple script that can convert them for you when downloaded.
Check first: locate a game that doesn't show a video. Navigate to where the video should be, at:
Edit your /home/pi/.skyscraper/config.ini to include the line:
videoConvertCommand="videoconvert.sh %i %o"
Script provided by jgcobra on the GitHub thread:
echo Converting video...
echo Source: $1
echo Dest: $2
# Check if the video is already in 420p format
c=$(ffprobe "$1" 2>&1 | grep -c yuv420p)
if [ "$c" -eq 0 ]
echo Incorrect source video format detected. Converting video to 420p format...
ffmpeg -i "$1" -y -pix_fmt yuv420p -acodec copy -strict experimental "$2"
echo Video is in correct 420p format. Copying as is...
cp "$1" "$2"
Place the script in your system path or in /home/pi/.skyscraper and make it executable with chmod +x videoconvert.sh. If you want to see the script's output when run by Skyscraper, I think you need to put verbosity="3" in your config.ini.
I think this check/conversion only happens on initial caching of the video, so re-scrape your roms with --cache refresh to force a re-download and, for maximum efficiency, you can use --flags skipexistingcovers and similar to avoid unnecessarily redownloading those media.
This solved probably 90% of my problem videos. There were a handful that didn't take and I had to do a little extra fiddling, but this should get you started.
@steams71 I messed around with a few different cycles, it somewhat helps...but it just seems this game is on the cusp of the Pi's performance envelope. I found around 16,000 - 18,000 is the best it can do and not have audio issues.
I turned off all the fun caveats of the game and just run it as a clean ice, bare bones game.
I'm not thrilled...but I'm very happy to have it running and playable on my build.
@mitu I went back to my build and renamed both the image folder and gamelist file to let it rebuild new ones
I used both sources, but screenscraper seemed to work a lot better. It read the games, many were missing descriptions, but it read them all. Seems like its working now. I'll do the same for the Atari ST files and patch them all up manually so they have descriptions and images if missing any.
Thanks for the help, I'll say it's working...not optimally, but working. Lol.
Now...if you can tell me why the hell my Budgie keeps ripping his feathers out... I'll be good to go. Lol