Looks like a good use case for git on LAN? You can tag or branch your config sets rolled out for other machines than yours. Later merge all your latest and greatest changes from your machine into the friends' branches from time to time. If something breaks you can easily go back in time.
I would add that in the /boot/cmdline.txt parameters, I changed the resolution to 768x768 and everything is now centered and looks correct....except, the top few lines of the [TAB] menu in Mame are cut off....
Could someone explain to me why amiberry is seen as more plug and play compared to puae, and is the recommended emulator here? Everything I've thrown at puae (lha and hdf) seems to work, I get access to the lovely CRT shaders, and I'm probably going to have to mess about with config on a per game basis for either anyway? Amiberry seems way more of a pain in the arse on several levels, to me - and that's not even considering the strange resolution switching issue I'm getting.
I'm considering just binning it off and going with puae; am I going to regret that for some reason I've yet to experience?
i found the close session, but when it exited to the nothing running in retroarch menu, i couldn't press anything to navigate...this is difficult for me. i've been trying to fix this for like 4 days hahaah! i suck at this, but i enjoy the challenge i guess! anyway, thanks if anyone has had this happen to them and would throw me a bone, i'd sure appreciate it!
@DetroitKp The 2nd config you posted (corresponding to the USB controller being plugged in) is a full RA config, that is produced when you save the config from the GUI (or enable saving on exit).
Are you sure it's the same file you're posting ? I don't think there's any mechanism in RetroPie to switch those files depending on the controllers used. Maybe the 1st file is the one from /opt/retropie/configs/all and the 2nd one from the /opt/retropie/configs/arcade ?
When you configure a controller, Emulationstation will create a controller configuration file in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads with the button mappings, and that's all.
Your configuration steps are fine, and to choose what player the controller gets assigned, you indeed have to set input_playerX_joypad_index. So 1st controller would have the index 0, assigning it to P3 would be
input_player3_joypad_index = 0
You can leave input_autodetect_enable to true , otherwise the auto-config mapping for the controller would not be loaded.
I would check where the 2nd file is coming from and if it's from the /opt/retropie/configs/arcade folder, you should reset it to default:
# Settings made here will only override settings in the global retroarch.cfg if placed above the #include line
input_remapping_directory = "/opt/retropie/configs/arcade/"
I found the problem (or just one solution atm). There is something that libretro does not like in the driver implementation. Now I can fully play the Super Mario in the PC browser and on Android Chrome in my smartphone.
Sorry for the noise and thanks for your time, but hopefully everyone will benefit from this once I have made a demo.